Performance Gain if I Add another 7600gt in SLI and another gig of Corsair?

Drain You

In Runtime
Would it be worth the upgrade to add another gig of ram and another card? Heres the rest of my specs.

AMD athlon 64 3800+ Dual Core
Asus M2N4 SLi Motherboard
1gb of Corsair DDR2
550Watt Rosewill PSU

Im just looking ot max out alot of the games I got now, and I really would like to run Quake wars on High when that comes out .

What graphics card do you have?

If you play games with big maps, like BF2 or BF2142, it would be an idea to get more RAM, yes

I got a PNY 7600gt and was just gonna buy another one for SLI. I play lots of games really. FEAR, Doom, Call of Duty 2 Battlefield 2142 Demo, and im looking into getting Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. But if it could Run Quake Wars thats all that would really matter to me.

Oh yeah it'll help a lot...lol The 2nd video card will help more than the ram. 1 gb of ram is plenty for gaming. If I were you I'd get the 2nd 7600 and try that and see how your performance is. Then if you feel you need more ram, you could get that.

yea I think thats what ill do, since I wouldnt be getting them at the same time anyways, and since both are around the sme price ill go with that first. Pc gaming is sick BTW. Never thought id get into it, until MS fucked me over with the 360.

well I'd go for the ram. a single 7600GT should be enough for almost any current game, but games like bf2 just won't run on high (with a good fps) if u only have a gig of ram. I can easily play bf2 on high settings with a 6800GT and 2GB of ram.

Also, dx10 cards coming out soon...

prob with dx10 is that altho its out soonish, will games be out to support it instantly? i bought the 7950 a couple of months back and glad i did after a few teething problems its a great card, i decided to do that than wait for the dx10, imo itll take a while yet until enuff games are out to support dx10 to justify upgrading.

Well the Dx10 cards are coming out before 2007, but windows vista will be released late January (if I remember correctly) and thats also when dx10 will be released. Don't know exact dates of games, but atleast Crysis will be released Q1 of 2007.

Yeah I'm also looking forward to the new windows vista.... any idea on how much it will be?

IronMaiden6669 said:
Yeah I'm also looking forward to the new windows vista.... any idea on how much it will be?

It will probally be priced much like win XP pro and win XP home are prices, as there is also supposed to be a few types of visa, such as (home and Pro)

but i would expect a price drop in XP and Vista to be around XPs current price, maybe a little bit more

Back
Top Bottom