The Perfect Guide to Video/DVD Converting for iPod!

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
This little tutorial will tell you how to perfectly convert DVD's, and regular video's with perfect audio/video synchronization.
Note: I've decided to add some pictures to help you guys out. APPRECIATE IT! I have some homework also, so ya.

Required Software
1. #1 DVD Ripper (http://www.dvdtox.com/dvd_ripper.htm)
2. Nero Recode* (http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/Nero_Recode_2.html)
* Nero Recode is bundled with Nero 7 Ultra Edition.

For DVD's
1a. Download & Install #1 DVD Ripper.
1b. Run #1 DVD Ripper.
2. Open the DVD by pressing the disc with the little green arrow on the upper left (next to the 'open dvd from folder' button, and press OK. Note: It should automatically detect the DVD.
untitledzn0.jpg

untitledhg7.jpg

3a. Here you can change the name of the video, choose which scenes you may want to rip, etc.
3b. Now we have to change the settings a little bit. Press the picture of a gear (left of the 'I' button.
untitledxo6.jpg

3c. We are now in the 'General' tab. Make sure your settings look like mine.
3d. Next, your should go to the 'Output' tab. Make sure your settings look like mine.
untitledac0.jpg

3e. Now go to the 'Misc' tab. Make sure your settings look like mine.
untitledct4.jpg

3f. Finally, go to the 'Size/Bitrate' tab.
untitledzb4.jpg

The only thing you should change here is the audio bitrate. For everything I do, music, or videos, I always put it on 128kbps. The audio sounds perfect at 128kbps.
4. Before I go to step 4, make sure you set the output path. I usually want mine to go to my desktop. Now, press the big blue start button. The ripping will now begin. Depending on the length of the DVD, it can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 4+ hours.
untitledft2.jpg

5. When it is finished, it should say finished (I dont' want to wait 1.5hours again), and the video should be wherever you put it. You are now done ripping the DVD!

For Video's (and the ripped DVD movie)
1a. Download & Install Nero Recode 2.
[bu]Note:[/b] The rest of this part of my tutorial comes from http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/Tutorial_Apple_iPod.html | I'll put it here also. I feel as if mine is better cause I tell the instructions in more detail.
2a. Start Nero Recode 2. It should look like this:
tut_ipod_1_eng.jpg

2b. Next, click on 'Recode DVDs and Videos to Nero Digitalâ„¢'.
tut_ipod_2_eng.jpg

2c. Now, press 'Import Files', find the video, and it should analyze it. (shouldn't take more than 10 seconds to analyze). When it's finished, it should be in the background list. Press 'Close' in the 'Import Title' window.

2d. Under the 'Audio #1' tab, press 'settings.'
Make sure yours looks like mine. Press OK.
3. Make sure you press 'More'.
untitledrx6.jpg

Make sure yours looks like mine.
NOTE!!!!!!! I forgot to tell (and show in the picture) that you have to uncheck the 'Fit To Target' box, and on the 'Video Quality' slider, set it to 640kbps.
4. Click 'Next.' For the 'Destination', make it 'Hard Disk Folder', and set it as your desktop. Click 'Nero Digital Settings' on the left side. Check the 'Expert Mode' box. Click 'Rate Control', and set it to 'Fast Encoding (1-pass)'. If it does it twice, the converted video is still going to look/act the same as it does doing it once.

5. When all that is finished, press 'Burn'. It will now convert the video to iPod MPEG4. When it is finished, add it to your iTunes library, and you can then put it on your iPod.
:D :D :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom