Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-22-2005, 02:28 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Pentium Processors

AMD beats Intel is every benchamrk except one, yes just one, video encoding test and it wasnt y much. Go AMD no matter what...the price-performance is very good. I didnt say this to flam.e

............cxxxxxxc|)::::::::::::> ................
jack22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:18 AM   #12
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

I'd like to see that batch of tests Jack

EM64T has been out for months now, not only in the 6xx Series. Intel in fact about a month ago tallied more 64-bit Processors sold from those few months when it seems some didn't even know they existed than in the 18 months AMD has been selling them

Old 03-23-2005, 03:19 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

probably because pentium is marketed a lot more, and i know quite a few people who use to think and some who still do that pentium are the only processors that their are.

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who can read binary, and those who can't.
mayorredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:31 PM   #14
Guru

Nothing wrong with that - and I haven't actually seen any Intel Adverts beyond the logo on Dell Adverts. I have also not seen any EM64T adverts at all. I imagine market dominance helps but its just another sign that AMD unleashed, as CNet so elegantly put it the Sleeping Giant.

5 Line Signiture please
Old 03-23-2005, 04:58 PM   #15
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
Nothing wrong with that - and I haven't actually seen any Intel Adverts beyond the logo on Dell Adverts. I have also not seen any EM64T adverts at all. I imagine market dominance helps but its just another sign that AMD unleashed, as CNet so elegantly put it the Sleeping Giant.

5 Line Signiture please
roger that will edit my post. One pentium commercials, and two whenever you see a commercial for a computer its always with a pentium processor or so it screams, something like: And with the knew super fast pentium 4 2.8 ghz (yes i realize thats nothng special but they exaggerate obviously for marketing purposes)!!!

Also i've gotten popups for intel processors, plus on computer sites i always see ads/popups/banners for intel processors. Plus am i not the only one who remembers the blue man group doing commercials for pentium on tv? AMD just isn't as well known by people who don't know a lot about computers.

Next time i get4 a pentium processor ad/popup/banner ill take a screenshot, which will be soon . And for regards to advertisments for pentiums new line it really doesn't matter, its just that a lot of people who dont know about AMD processors or who dont have a good understanding of them think processors = pentium, a that the more ghz the better the processor, which is not always true.

*PS: Wow i havent posted on these forums in ages it seems before this thread.

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who can read binary, and those who can't.
mayorredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:15 PM   #16
Guru

Processor does equal Pentium. For those buying Mr. Smith's Average PC from Dell, HP, Fujitsu Processor equals Pentium. It offers no fear to the user; they know it will work, they know it will work better than how they need it to and they know they will be able to use it until the Motherboard fails. For those buying Mr. Smith's Budget PC, for those buying Master Smith's Gaming PC, Celeron D, Pentium HT. They're trusted. The brand is all the way up on the list with Microsoft and Apple. AMD is just that Processor Computer Nerds will tell you to use. Very much like Microsoft's position against Linux. Nerds will always like something; and they will always have their opinions but in the end Mr. Smith is buying 90% of everything, and the Nerds being right or wrong will not change that.