Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-23-2005, 01:47 AM   #1
In Runtime
 
ChuNalt787's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 307
Default pentium m 64 bit?

i have looked all over but cant find it. is the Pentium m a 64 bit processor?
__________________

ChuNalt787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:56 AM   #2
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: pentium m 64 bit?

no, i dont beleive that it is..
__________________

__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:58 AM   #3
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: pentium m 64 bit?

The current Dothan core isn't 64-bit, but the new Yonah and Merom cores are. So just wait for them to come out. 65nm baby!
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:08 AM   #4
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: pentium m 64 bit?

65nm?
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:55 AM   #5
BSOD
 
HRHunteRHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,730
Default Re: pentium m 64 bit?

Dude it doesn't matter, Intel just wants to copy AMD because they suck.
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:57 AM   #6
BSOD
 
HRHunteRHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,730
Default Re: pentium m 64 bit?

Don't get all butthurt because I said that, I'm not going to appologize because Intel has no reason to even try to get into the 64-bit computing scene. All their processors are really over-priced and useless. They are GREAT for servers, btu as far as gaming goes, they are not worth the money.
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:43 AM   #7
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: pentium m 64 bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHunteRHR
Dude it doesn't matter, Intel just wants to copy AMD because they suck.
Totally unbacked statement.

Copy AMD in what? 64-bit? So? AMD can't patent the EM-64T Instruction Set, so it doesn't matter.

65nm is the manufacturing process.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/65nm

The Yonah core will own. First mobile dual-core processor in the market.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:11 AM   #8
Daemon Poster
 
connchri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 1,019
Send a message via MSN to connchri
Default Re: pentium m 64 bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Originally Posted by HRHunteRHR
Dude it doesn't matter, Intel just wants to copy AMD because they suck
Totally unbacked statement.

Copy AMD in what? 64-bit? So? AMD can't patent the EM-64T Instruction Set, so it doesn't matter.

65nm is the manufacturing process.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/65nm

The Yonah core will own. First mobile dual-core processor in the market.

Have to completely agree. It was a stupid fanboy statement. Tell me, apart from the 64bit compatibility of the Turion, what upper hand does it have over the Pentium M? Answer...NONE! The Pentium M owns it, even on battery longitivity.

Intel P4 was a big bad gamble, the Pentium M and the rest of the Centrino platform was a great gamble, without Intel pushing in that direction first long lasting Laptops with great performance would not have happened, nor would the Turion to counter act it.

Lol, and you say that Intel copies AMD. For 64bit yeah, but what about AMD on the i386 Architecture? the Low Powered Laptop CPU Turion? e.t.c. They're both companies that try to provide products for a living. Not the forces of good and evil. Grow up!
__________________
Delta: "What's wrong Chris?? Chris: "I miss my old Cyrix"
connchri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:11 AM   #9
Fully Optimized
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,404
Default Re: pentium m 64 bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Totally unbacked statement.

Copy AMD in what? 64-bit? So? AMD can't patent the EM-64T Instruction Set, so it doesn't matter.

65nm is the manufacturing process.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/65nm

The Yonah core will own. First mobile dual-core processor in the market.
Actually, Intel calls it the EM-64T :P Its the x86-64 instruction set.
ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:07 PM   #10
BSOD
 
HRHunteRHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,730
Default Re: pentium m 64 bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Totally unbacked statement.

Copy AMD in what? 64-bit? So? AMD can't patent the EM-64T Instruction Set, so it doesn't matter.

65nm is the manufacturing process.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/65nm

The Yonah core will own. First mobile dual-core processor in the market.

LOL! Sorry man but I just really don't like Intel so my fan boy instincts kicked in.

Hey and your little "The Yonah core will win" statement isn't a completely unbacked statement?? Linux is two times as nice for the average person, yet they continue to use the Windows OS.... SO just because that thing might be better, doesn't mean people are going to use it. I mean, what average computer person (that makes up probobly 60% of the computer-using population; and they believe computers are bred for iPods and movies) is going to use a 64 bit dual core Pentium. Oh yes, what is this "65nm" thign anyways??? Never heard of it.
__________________

HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0