Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-17-2006, 05:20 PM   #21
BSOD
 
JustinMcG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,519
Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Re: Pentium D vs Athlon 64 X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton McLeod

I've been hearing so much incorrect information here that it's not even funny.

One guy said that the Presler was cheaper than the 4800+ (not the case)


You're so full of it!

Yes, the Pentium D is cheaper then the X2 4800+. Want proof? Here you go!

Pentium D Processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116237

Athelon 64 X2 4800+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103544

From the numbers, $269 dollars is LOWER then $787 dollars. Therefore, CHEAPER!!!
__________________

JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:00 PM   #22
In Runtime
 
Quinton McLeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 298
Default Re: Pentium D vs Athlon 64 X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337DuD3
You're so full of it!

Yes, the Pentium D is cheaper then the X2 4800+. Want proof? Here you go!

Pentium D Processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116237

Athelon 64 X2 4800+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103544

From the numbers, $269 dollars is LOWER then $787 dollars. Therefore, CHEAPER!!!

I was referring to the Presler 955xe (which is the processor that we've all established to be the most comparable to the 4800+)

Nice try finding a processor that can't hold a candle to the 4800+ and then comparing it's price.
__________________

__________________
The best quotes I've ever heard:
RaistlinZ - "I think God woke up one day (probably around Noon. dude likes to sleep in) and said to himself, "OMFG, these dinosaurs are just kicking too much ass. The world is not ready for them yet." "
Quinton McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #23
BSOD
 
JustinMcG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,519
Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Re: Pentium D vs Athlon 64 X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton McLeod

I was referring to the Presler 955xe (which is the processor that we've all established to be the most comparable to the 4800+)

Nice try finding a processor that can't hold a candle to the 4800+ and then comparing it's price.
Actually no we haven't. We've been referring to the Pentium D, not the Pentium D 955XE. Hence the title of the thread being Pentium D vs Athelon X2 4800+. Not Pentium D Extreme edtion vs Athelon X2 4800+.

Infact only you and Zaki even made mention of the 955XE! So no, YOU'RE wrong. This thread was about the intel Pentium D, not the 955 XE. Get your facts straight. And besides, the Pentium D is an excellent CPU.
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:23 PM   #24
In Runtime
 
Quinton McLeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 298
Default Re: Pentium D vs Athlon 64 X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337DuD3
Actually no we haven't. We've been referring to the Pentium D, not the Pentium D 955XE. Hence the title of the thread being Pentium D vs Athelon X2 4800+. Not Pentium D Extreme edtion vs Athelon X2 4800+.

Infact only you and Zaki even made mention of the 955XE! So no, YOU'RE wrong. This thread was about the intel Pentium D, not the 955 XE. Get your facts straight. And besides, the Pentium D is an excellent CPU.

I've been refraining from saying this but...

You're a complete idiot.

First off: The title says "Pentium D vs Athlon 64 X2". Not "Pentium D vs Athlon 64 X2 4800+", ok? So, that's a WIDE range of processors!

Second: The 955xe IS a Pentium D processor!

Not only that, Zaki once said in this same thread, "
if there is a presler core to outdo the athlon x2 4800, its the 955 XE, the 950 doesnt compare,"

So, WHY in the world would you compare a weak processor to the 4800+ and then compare prices? Obviously it would be cheaper because it doesn't perform as well as the 4800+...

This is not the only time you posted in threads and made yourself look stupid. Do yourself a favor. If you don't know about a certain topic, don't discuss it. Plain and simple.
__________________
The best quotes I've ever heard:
RaistlinZ - "I think God woke up one day (probably around Noon. dude likes to sleep in) and said to himself, "OMFG, these dinosaurs are just kicking too much ass. The world is not ready for them yet." "
Quinton McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:37 PM   #25
BSOD
 
JustinMcG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,519
Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Re: Pentium D vs Athlon 64 X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton McLeod

I've been refraining from saying this but...

You're a complete idiot.

First off: The title says "Pentium D vs Athlon 64 X2". Not "Pentium D vs Athlon 64 X2 4800+", ok? So, that's a WIDE range of processors!

Second: The 955xe IS a Pentium D processor!

Not only that, Zaki once said in this same thread, "
if there is a presler core to outdo the athlon x2 4800, its the 955 XE, the 950 doesnt compare,"

So, WHY in the world would you compare a weak processor to the 4800+ and then compare prices? Obviously it would be cheaper because it doesn't perform as well as the 4800+...

This is not the only time you posted in threads and made yourself look stupid. Do yourself a favor. If you don't know about a certain topic, don't discuss it. Plain and simple.
I'm the idiot? You're the one consistently making useless posts and intentionally trying to start arguements, infact, several members may even back me up on this.

And besides, maybe I messed up on the X2 4800+ in the title of the thread, but with the information I provided on the second post, most people have generally been discussing off of that information. But even then, the Pentium D is an excellent processor, and does beat some of the X2 series, as I stated back in the other thread, you know, the one you continually tried to make arguements in?

A weak processor? You're a damn fool. The Pentium D is a very powerful CPU. It has dual cores, it has a high processing speed, it has a high L2 cache? What exactly makes it, "weak?" Or is that just another one of your posts where you ramble on about things and don't really ever seem to suport it with facts? And if you need information to back up what I'm saying, look at my first post on this thread!

And yes, of course it's cheaper, it's not the XE version, which I clearly said in the previous post. But, liek you seem to do time and time again, fail to see that.

And no, I will not stop discussing a topic simply because a jackass liek yourself says so. I know a fairly decent amount about ocmputers, because they are my hobby. You're just a kid who thinks they know everything about somethign then goes on rambling about it and trying to start arguements about it. This thread was once peaceful, until you showed up. This is, at least form my count, the third thread you have ruined due to your lack of self-control.

And don't even bother replying back with another one of your, "When a person tends to insult someone it shows that they're lossing the arguement," posts. It won't work this time around. I've posted information to back my claims up. This time, it's about you and what you do in this fourm. You constantly try to start useless arguements and you constantly try to insult people when you yourself don't know everythign about that specific topic.

So why don't you do us all a favor and leave the forum. I guarntee you no one will miss you.
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #26
In Runtime
 
Quinton McLeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 298
Default Re: Pentium D vs Athlon 64 X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337DuD3
I'm the idiot? You're the one consistently making useless posts and intentionally trying to start arguements, infact, several members may even back me up on this.

Not true at all. Nor is this claim debatable. So, I'll leave it at that.


Quote:
And besides, maybe I messed up on the X2 4800+ in the title of the thread, but with the information I provided on the second post, most people have generally been discussing off of that information. But even then, the Pentium D is an excellent processor, and does beat some of the X2 series, as I stated back in the other thread, you know, the one you continually tried to make arguements in?

I have bolded the key words that you've been repeating over and over and over. Once again, the Pentium D is plural. They are a series of processors.

Ok, so lets see... The 955xe does beat the 3800+... The 950 does beat the 3200+... However, that isn't a fair comparison because those processors weren't designed to compete with those specific AMD processors. The 955xe (for example) was designed to compete against the 4800+.

So, in conclusion, the processors do beat previous processors made by AMD. However, the processors they were designed to outperform are out performing them in games and stress tests.


Quote:
A weak processor? You're a damn fool. The Pentium D is a very powerful CPU. It has dual cores, it has a high processing speed, it has a high L2 cache? What exactly makes it, "weak?" Or is that just another one of your posts where you ramble on about things and don't really ever seem to suport it with facts? And if you need information to back up what I'm saying, look at my first post on this thread!

I've taken the liberty of bolding all of your plural mistakes. The Pentium D is a line of processors. It's not a single processor.

The Pentium D has 2 processors, yes. Dual? Not at all. I gave you a link already. Intel calls it Double Core. They used to call it Dual Core, but realized they weren't really true dual cores. This is because the cores could not operate independantly. They had to share the same bandwidth to process their data. Therefore, it ruined all possibility for Intel to claim that the processors worked independantly, when in fact, they worked off the same load.

What makes the processor you listed weak? You compared it to a superior processor. The difference between the two were too great to justify any sort of reason in displaying the Pentium D you just listed previously.


Quote:
And yes, of course it's cheaper, it's not the XE version, which I clearly said in the previous post. But, liek you seem to do time and time again, fail to see that.

I've already asked you why you'd compare it to a processor that is lightyears more powerful. That's like comparing a GeForce 7800 GTX to a Radeon 9800 Pro. The 7800 blows it out of the water. But then you compare the price and say, "Yeah, the Radeon 9800 is cheaper, so therefore it's a better buy" which is not the case at all. You have to compare apples with apples.


Quote:
And no, I will not stop discussing a topic simply because a jackass liek yourself says so. I know a fairly decent amount about ocmputers, because they are my hobby. You're just a kid who thinks they know everything about somethign then goes on rambling about it and trying to start arguements about it. This thread was once peaceful, until you showed up. This is, at least form my count, the third thread you have ruined due to your lack of self-control.

rofl! Self control? Talk about being hypocritical.
First off, You've been calling me a "deusch" (for the record, it's spelled "douche") through the majority of our last debate. If anyone needs self control, it's you.

Also, I like debates. They help excercise the mind. However, I've only insulted you once due to the fact that you have been replying to my posts repeatedly, while at the same time, being completely wrong. In fact, so blatantly wrong that I honestly felt sorry for your lack of knowledge. If there's something you don't know about, don't be afraid to do a little research on it first. Coming to a gun fight with a knife is an easy way to get killed very fast. Know what I'm saying?


Quote:
And don't even bother replying back with another one of your, "When a person tends to insult someone it shows that they're lossing the arguement," posts. It won't work this time around. I've posted information to back my claims up. This time, it's about you and what you do in this fourm. You constantly try to start useless arguements and you constantly try to insult people when you yourself don't know everythign about that specific topic.

So why don't you do us all a favor and leave the forum. I guarntee you no one will miss you.

Do you want me to be honest with you?
I never addressed you in any of my posts. You just came out of nowhere and decided to tell me I was wrong. So, naturally, I'd respond. In this instance, I didn't start anything. You replied to a post I put concerning incorrect information. You wanted to argue, so here we are.
__________________
The best quotes I've ever heard:
RaistlinZ - "I think God woke up one day (probably around Noon. dude likes to sleep in) and said to himself, "OMFG, these dinosaurs are just kicking too much ass. The world is not ready for them yet." "
Quinton McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:18 PM   #27
BSOD
 
JustinMcG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,519
Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Re: Pentium D vs Athlon 64 X2

When I'm referring to the "Pentium D" I'm referring to the processor that I posted information on. Everyone else knows that, why don't you?

Never addressed any of my posts? Do we need to go back to the other thread in which you clearly tried arguing with ownage, Alvino, and myself? Just acknwoledge the fact that you have no self-control. You don't debate, because a debate is a professionl arguement. You, you argue just for the sake of arguing. So yes, it is a lack of self-control on your part. I have plenty of self-control. I liek debating, I liek discussing facts, I like any and all things computer related. Hence the name '1337DuD3', that there implies that I like computers!

I don't care if the AMD X2 series is better then the intel Pentium D series, because all processors do the same exact thing. Will upi REALLY notice a difference between 3.4 GHz and 3.5 GHz? NO! It's so minute you physically can not tell the difference, kind of like video cards and how people want the most FPS in a game, although the human eye can not see anythign above 66 FPS!

And your sig is in no way funny, or a joke, or anything you want it to be. Because it just shows how idiotic you truly are. Because when I'm refering the Pentium D, it makes sense, it's the processor I was posting information on. And besides, do half the peopel out there say, "No it's not a Pentium 4, it's a Pentium 4 w/ Hyper Threading technoligally and clocked at 2.8 GHz with EM64T technology!" No. They do not. They simply say, "It's a Pentium 4." You do not have to be 100% correct about everything when referring to a given subject. If that were the case then hardly anyone would like computers!
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:34 PM   #28
In Runtime
 
Quinton McLeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 298
Default Re: Pentium D vs Athlon 64 X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337DuD3
When I'm referring to the "Pentium D" I'm referring to the processor that I posted information on. Everyone else knows that, why don't you?

Never addressed any of my posts? Do we need to go back to the other thread in which you clearly tried arguing with ownage, Alvino, and myself? Just acknwoledge the fact that you have no self-control. You don't debate, because a debate is a professionl arguement. You, you argue just for the sake of arguing. So yes, it is a lack of self-control on your part. I have plenty of self-control. I liek debating, I liek discussing facts, I like any and all things computer related. Hence the name '1337DuD3', that there implies that I like computers!

Whatever you say


Quote:
I don't care if the AMD X2 series is better then the intel Pentium D series, because all processors do the same exact thing. Will upi REALLY notice a difference between 3.4 GHz and 3.5 GHz? NO! It's so minute you physically can not tell the difference, kind of like video cards and how people want the most FPS in a game, although the human eye can not see anythign above 66 FPS!

Ok, that was a blind statement you just made.
As years progress, programs begin demanding more and more of the processor. So, when those demands come, the processors speed up to accomodate those demands.

As for games... ROFL!! WOW!!
Let me explain something to you, ok? :P

When new games come out, they put more stress on the video card's GPU, if it indeed has one. If you buy Farcry right now and turn everything up, you would be a fool to not want a few more FPS to keep the game from being choppy. Farcry doesn't run at 66fps on everybody's computer, ok? :P

Since Intel's brand of processors are not geared toward games, you are left with encoding and other software applications. When you're encoding a 2 hour anime movie (Such as Blood or one of the Inuyasha movies), you may or may not add filters and de-interlacing and use smart bitrate controls and compression. When you're doing that on a movie, all of that tends to go slow slow slow. The difference between a 3.2ghz and a 3.3 ghz is a 100mhz difference. So, pretty much, you will be able to add 100 million processes a second to your processor, and thus, speeding up your encoding time by 100 million extra clock cycles. However, you didn't know that. I could tell by the fact that you used games as a reference to point out "Frames Per Second".



Quote:
And your sig is in no way funny, or a joke, or anything you want it to be. Because it just shows how idiotic you truly are. Because when I'm refering the Pentium D, it makes sense, it's the processor I was posting information on. And besides, do half the peopel out there say, "No it's not a Pentium 4, it's a Pentium 4 w/ Hyper Threading technoligally and clocked at 2.8 GHz with EM64T technology!" No. They do not. They simply say, "It's a Pentium 4." You do not have to be 100% correct about everything when referring to a given subject. If that were the case then hardly anyone would like computers!

Actually, on the contrary. When a techie talks to another techie (which is supposed to be the case here) we refer to the processor's brand AND model. If one of us simply said, "Oh, I have a Pentium 4", another person would be confused because there are tons of Pentium 4s... Kinda like Ice Cream. When you go to the ice cream shop and you ask for ice cream, you don't just say, "I'd like some ice cream please". You ask for a specific flavor, and in some cases, ask for specific toppings.

Anyway, judging by your responses, I can tell you know very little about computer componets and how they work. However, you are learning! So keep up the good work!
__________________
The best quotes I've ever heard:
RaistlinZ - "I think God woke up one day (probably around Noon. dude likes to sleep in) and said to himself, "OMFG, these dinosaurs are just kicking too much ass. The world is not ready for them yet." "
Quinton McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:56 PM   #29
BSOD
 
JustinMcG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,519
Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Re: Pentium D vs Athlon 64 X2

Ok, walk up to your average Joe, who more then likly owns a Dell or a Gateway or somethign else, and say, "Hey, what kind of Pentium 4 do you own?" Do you honestly think he'll know? Of course not. Only computer technitions use that terminology. And are all of us here computer techs? No.

What the heck are you saying I don't know anything or very little about computer componets? I biult my own PC, and I help build friends PCs, as well as upgrade them with aftermarket parts! I know a lot about computer componets. if you don't believe mr ask a few members and they can tell you that I've helped some of them out with some of their threads regarding PC hardware.

And no, you will not be able to tell the difference between a 3.5 and a 3.6 GHz CPU. No human on the planet can calculate how much a .1 GHz increase will affect their overall performance then be able to actually tell the difference it makes. Because once you're way high up in the processing speed it makes very little difference. If it was a lower CPU, say 600 MHz and you were goign to 700 MHz you might be able to tell the difference. But when you have a very fast CPU as is, you won't be able to tell the difference.

What's with the Farcry thing? Did I say the game won't be able to go higher then 66 FPS, NO!!! I said the HUMAN EYE can not see anythign greater then 66 FPS. Holy freakin' crap you need to read better!


Anywho back onto the actual topic of this now-dead thread...


Go with the Pentium D 930 CPU, it's a more cost worthy CPu to buy. It performs quite well and is cheaper.
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:24 PM   #30
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Hold on a tic...

Quote:
1337DuD3 - "We've been referring to the Pentium D, not the Pentium D 955XE"
Just to let you know, they are seperate branches of CPU's. There are the Intel D's, then there are the Intel Extreme Edition, which the Intel D 955XE is located.

Intel 955EX
http://www.intel.com/products/proces...umXE/index.htm

Intel D
http://www.intel.com/products/proces...um_D/index.htm

So I think, or believe that 1337DuDu3 is correct, when he made that quote, because there are two branches of CPU's.


Just to clear some things up.
__________________

__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0