pentium d. junk?

Quantum Flux

In Runtime
Im seing a lot of negativity about pentium d. Is this perception corect. is the current line of pentium d's a heap of junk? i was thinking my new pc would be fast as hell with an 820 but im having second thoughts.

any comments on this?

thanks.
adam, australia.

If you really want dual-core, go with the Athlon X2's. They're worth every penny. At least AMD didn't just slap 2 crap processors together...they actually designed the Athlon 64's to be dual-core enabled in the future, so they're alot better.

well i want a very fast video editing machine. i thought amds x2 sounded better but i am intimidated by the price. their cheapest dual core is twice the price of intels cheapest dual core.

i am willing to fork out if necesary, after all i want a hard-core power house. i just dont know wether its worth it. my maximum expenditure is $3000 ozzie. - keeping in mind that most people here are US, i will remind you that our dollar buys a bit less in the way of hardware (around 75% of what you can get for the same price).

thanks.
adam, australia.

Hmm i don't like dual core processors ...
I mean you can run programs with the same performance as in the dual core processors ...
But the time sharing rating would be alot higher than the single ones though

I still want more comments. especially from people who allready have a dual core. im not sure wether to go for amd or intel yet. need suggestions / advice.

another thing.

i notice that only the 945 and 955 chipsets support intels dual core. what about amds dual core. any special requirements for this?

dual core processors are very new i doubt if very many people have them yet. But i hope you get your answer soon.

You can run them on 939 boards, just updating the Bios.
If you already have one of this boards, or can get a good used one,
then it'll compensate for the price of the X2's...

Back
Top Bottom