Pentium 4 vs Celeron-D

PuNkY

In Runtime
Okay well I am finally going to upgrade my Dell Dimension 2400. I am 1st going to upgrade my processor. My 1st thought was to upgrade to a Pentium 4. But a few friends told me that Celeron-D was better for speed. The one thing I do not understand about computers is the processors... Here are the ones I'm looking at.

P4
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116231

Celeron-D
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116225

Which do you think is better for speed, and multitasking?

pentium 4.

celeron is HORRIBLE

tell your friends that say its good to put a straw up their ass.

the celeron D is horrible because it has wayyy less cache and its a budget processor.

borat_sagdiyev said:
pentium 4.

celeron is HORRIBLE

the celeron D is horrible because it has wayyy less cache and its a budget processor.

will do. lol

well i guess my common sense was right.

cant wait untill for my new processor. :D

im stuck with a 5 year old celeron till then.

borat_sagdiyev said:
pentium 4.

celeron is HORRIBLE

i couldnt agree more. thats why my school is full of them :(

Yes, I prefer the Pentium 4 but I also have a 2.4Ghz Celeron (R) and that ( Shockingly) works better than my parents 2.2 Ghz AMD athlon

ace777 said:
Yes, I prefer the Pentium 4 but I also have a 2.4Ghz Celeron (R) and that ( Shockingly) works better than my parents 2.2 Ghz AMD athlon

Something has to be wrong with your parents computer then. That Athlon should smoke the Celeron.

cabbspapp said:
Something has to be wrong with your parents computer then. That Athlon should smoke the Celeron.

exactly what i was thinking. depends on the rest of the specs, what programs its running, etc. im guessing the athlon pc is in bad shape

ace777 said:
i got an athlon xp 2000+ and it is very near beating my celeronD 2.53 ghz , once i get more ram my athlon xp system is gonna own the celeron D

i wish i had a AMD based motherboard. thats for my custom built, that im going to build over the summer.

PuNkY said:
i wish i had a AMD based motherboard. thats for my custom built, that im going to build over the summer.
amd dual core still gets owned by intel dual core but amd athlon xp , my 2000+ is still performs good , even better when i get my 512mb ram

Back
Top Bottom