Pentium 4 vs. Athlon 64

acphenom

Daemon Poster
I know. This topic has probably been done LOADS of times before, but i need to know; what's the difference? I always hear about how Athlon 64s wipe the floor with P4s, but i've also heard that P4s beat the A64s at video-editing and multitasking (which appeal to me). I'm not a PC-gamer, as i have a PS2 for that, so i was wondering what's better for multitasking and video-editing among other things like time it takes to boot up a computer and loading programs etc.

How come A64s are supposed to be 'so great' then? This just refer to the most demanding jobs, like gaming? If so, then i doubt A64s are right for me, cuz i don't play any games at all on my PC.

i wonder were did you get your sources saying that p4's are better @ mutlitasking, because all the one's i've seen/ used run multiple programs flawlessly(matched up against a p4, A64's almost always win). and BTW if you really want to do some serious video editing, get a Powermac G5, they are the best around for that kind of job (acck! for once I actually have to give credit to a mac, oh no! what have I become!!! LOL!)

Actually the lead the G5 had in Photoshop disappeared after AMD put out the Athlon 64. In fact the Athlon 64 leads...

I would never get a G5 for anything..

I say NI!, The G5's that I work with are great, When I need to edit a video I go to the local highschools vid editing place, they have 3 G5's and a g4, they are very good, especially using final cut pro( which is awesome btw) they have 2 250 gig HD's and they run all the video editing programs we have flawlessly with no hangtime, they are actually pretty good, probably my fav. mac .
also, these ones have a gig of ram, so that may boost thier performance.

Back
Top Bottom