Pentium 4 with SLI?

lol, ati man way to go, but whats its problem w/ pci-e they are losing way ati why. i love ati but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

AMD ZEN said:
Xeons are not P4s... Where did you get that idea???? Xeons are server based CPUs.. They cannot use non ECC ram, and they prefer buffered RAM. ALso, they have EM64, for 64bit processing, P4 doesnt.. Xeons use different cores also. They ARE NOT P4s... Yes, Xeon has an SLi board. But go with an AMD64 SLi setup, it beats ANY Intel solution out there, or hate SLi like me ( I have it...) Go with PCI Express and ATi x850XT PE.. I used to love nVidia, until now...
Dual Xeon is going to beat an AMD64 - but they'll be a good deal more.

AMD ZEN said:
Xeons are not P4s... Where did you get that idea???? Xeons are server based CPUs.. They cannot use non ECC ram, and they prefer buffered RAM. ALso, they have EM64, for 64bit processing, P4 doesnt.. Xeons use different cores also. They ARE NOT P4s...

My dads an engineer at Intel, from him, I gather that they are Pentirum 4 cores, the only difference is they had more cache and theyre faster. They are typically server processors though.

No SLI for intel though till next month when gigabyte releases one so, I think im gonna stick with this processor and ram and just get a new motherboard for it and go with a 6800ultra.

Oky Doky... But Xeons do use a different core base then P4, except on one type of Xeon. BTW LK, Dual XEONS Cannot beat dual Opterons..... pls don't compare dual Xeons to a single AMD64, that isn't fair at all.

Back
Top Bottom