pentium 4 dual core vs core 2 duo processors?

Pentium 4 Dual Core does not exist. It's a Pentium D.

Dual Core is Dual core. It's got two cores in one die. Pentium D and Core 2 Duo have both two cores, but the C2D has a faster FSB, more cache and has better clocks per cycles than a Pentium D. The Pentium D is VERY good.

umm not to be picky or anything but i think pentium D is actually classed as a pentium 4 just the 8 and 9 series

but yeh i have seen them advertised on ebay and they are just sooooo wrong its not bout clock speed anymore its bout the architecture of the processor thats y b 4 dual core AMD were kicking intels but running at like 2.2Ghz and intel's p 4's were running at 3.4Ghz

Intel have come to there senses and stopped trying to raise clock speeds and really improve how the processor actually processes tasks

Clock per cycles.

As for the Pentium D, it is a Dual core. They put 2 P4 architecture and they got a Pentium D. The 9 series are different. They're a bit like the Pentium 4-M with the 800FSB.

Comparing the Pentium D and Core 2 Duo is like comparing apples and oranges. The Pentium D might have a higher clock rating, but the Core 2 Duo has a shared cache and is actually faster, I believe this is due to the increased number of multipliers. I'm not an expert on processors, but I do know that the Core 2 Duo is far superior to the Pentium D. Still, compared with a pentium 4 it's probably decent and I'm actually considering a Pentium D build.

Comparing the Pentium D and Core 2 Duo is more like comparing rotten maggot-filled apples with apples.

Comparing the Pentium D and Core 2 Duo is like comparing apples and oranges. The Pentium D might have a higher clock rating, but the Core 2 Duo has a shared cache and is actually faster, I believe this is due to the increased number of multipliers. I'm not an expert on processors, but I do know that the Core 2 Duo is far superior to the Pentium D. Still, compared with a pentium 4 it's probably decent and I'm actually considering a Pentium D build.
that and the the core 2 duo has higher bus speeds and a completely different arctiecture so it can get more performance per clock

Have you ever heard "Dual core do more" I think they are refering to the core 2 duo. Although, remember those old funny commercials "make sure you ask for pentium 4" Those were good days.

I love reading wall mart adverts for their comps.

Classic one me and juiceranch found:

GIGANTIC 80 GB Harddrive, you won't find one ANYWHERE!

Back
Top Bottom