pentium 4 541 3.2ghz 800mhz fsb?

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
ok guys i am upgrading and i know your tired of hearing it

just final question

has ne one ever had a pent 4 541?...and how did they stand in gaming?

i was at first looking for a pent. d but they all have HORRIBLE reviews on gaming things because no support for the second cores yet!

ne ways will that run very good?...or should i look for a pent. d that is actually good at gaming? thx guys!@

also about $100 is my spending limit thats why i chose that one! (its $90)

thanks man thats pretty much all i needed to hear lol!

but have you ever played bf2 or ne thing more demanding? thx

BF2 would of run on my P4 3GHZ, prescott. Yours probably is good, but not the best. Pentium Ds have horrible gaming because people are stupid by choosing the 533MHZ FSB version. You could get a Pentium D 840, but this kid toasts as high as a P4 560, 580.

You could get the Pentium D 9xx series. I wanted the 940...best choose. Or, a Core 2 Duo E6300 if your board supports it. If it supports Core Duo, it's better than nothing.

Xiggy said:
thanks man thats pretty much all i needed to hear lol!

but have you ever played bf2 or ne thing more demanding? thx

yeah I play bf2 almost everyday, all settings except for aa are as high as they can be. Also oblivion and fear and stuff like that run fine.

my Pentium 4 Hyper-Threading 3.0Ghz 530 runs fine on most games. most games from 2004-older run Great with Super-high graphics (like Halo, CS Source), while new/newer games run fine at Medium quality (like Company of Heroes, BF2, FEAR)

Video cards play a huge part in this too.
my old ATi Radeon 9550 ran the older games Good, and the newer games TERRIBLE
my new XFX Overclocked NVIDIA 7600GT runs the older games EXCELLENT and the newer games Good.

Back
Top Bottom