pent. 4 1.8ghz 400mhzfsb vs. amd 2000+

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
well i need to upgrade my computer and not too much..just a processor that will run bf2 fine and just small upgrades for the rest of the computer...will a 2000+ beat my 1.8ghz 400mhz fsb pent 4?....or will like a 2500+ do it?? i really just need a faster processor...does ne one have a site comparign these?? thx!

whoa just looked them up wayyyy slow fsb speeds wow....mayb a 3000+?

Xiggy said:
well i need to upgrade my computer and not too much..just a processor that will run bf2 fine and just small upgrades for the rest of the computer...will a 2000+ beat my 1.8ghz 400mhz fsb pent 4?....or will like a 2500+ do it?? i really just need a faster processor...does ne one have a site comparign these?? thx!

whoa just looked them up wayyyy slow fsb speeds wow....mayb a 3000+?
well, yes anything that dont use ram of PC133 lol, get like a 2800+ and some PC3200 ram :)

well c i could just get a new mobo for my processor that would let it use ddr400...its just teh stupid mobo thats holding my back..or is my processor just sucky?...becuz the 2800 runs at 333mhz and mine is already running 400mhz...so will it keep up with bf2 fine if i just get ddr400 and a new vidoe card like at least some 6k series nvidia:?? thx!

Xiggy said:
well c i could just get a new mobo for my processor that would let it use ddr400...its just teh stupid mobo thats holding my back..or is my processor just sucky?...becuz the 2800 runs at 333mhz and mine is already running 400mhz...so will it keep up with bf2 fine if i just get ddr400 and a new vidoe card like at least some 6k series nvidia:?? thx!
IM guessing it can run DDR400 lol. Depending on the mobo, if you really want to get a video card get 6600GT or somthing higher that is agp.. 7800GS is cheap used

well c i will only b able to spend about 200 dollars man...and..well...i cant really get much for that...but i read on the 2800+ and it was only 333mhz fsb...but does that really matter that much??..i mean mine has 400mhz which should run like bf2 low graphics fine right???...becuz its mostly about my vidoe card and ddr which is slowing it wayy down...i think ill just get a new mobo/ram/card

Back
Top Bottom