Pda

tetrahydrex

In Runtime
Hello.

I am doing research on Palm handhelds. Could some people please tell me what their experiences with Palm handhelds were like and what you think of them?
Any information that you have on them at all would be greatly appreciated.

I have been looking at this one: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0540807

Could you tell me if you've ever used the one in the link above?

Thank you. I greatly appreciate it.

Good for ultra portability but by no means, are they a replacement for PCs or laptops.

Here's a review for that particular model:

Pros:

Dual wireless connectivity; spacious memory; competitively priced

Cons:

No vibrating alarm; audio player limited; lack of novel features

Conclusion:

Palm's TX represents the current state of the art for Palm OS handhelds, but no more. Its feature set is complete and well-rounded, and it compares very well against competitors in the same price range - yet is by no means groundbreaking. A broad range of software functionality is hampered by a crippled audio player and we miss the seemingly-forgotten vibrating alarm and LED indicator, but the the TX still holds its own against Windows Mobile devices. At the price point, the TX is a good, solid, but in no way earth-shattering device.

i have never used that but i have used the dell axim X50 and X51 and i can tell you from my experience that i didnt really like them.

i mean i couldnt really find a use for it i have a laptop so it didnt really come in handy i think when i did use it then it was only to briefly check my email or chat on messenger but thats all other than that i was always on my laptop.

but you need to think yourself what would you actually use it for ? i found the browser wasnt all it was cracked upto be and i couldnt visit half of my fav sites that ran active X although i can visit computerforums webpage just fine ?

Thank you. I plan to use it for a variety of things. Has anyone else used a Palm and can tell me what their experiences were like?

Back
Top Bottom