PCIe Power Connectors

dakxxus

BSOD
So, im waiting for my 9800 GX2 to come in the mail. BUT, it needs both a 6 pin and an 8 pin power connector? So, where can i buy these? I was looking inside my case, and i only noticed that there is a 6 pin power cord coming out, and no other cords floating around possibly being able to have an 8 pin. Does the 8 pin adapter that comes with the card split the 6 pin or something?

You can buy a 6 pin to 8 pin adapter, but it's not recommended.

What did I say about buying that GX2??:p

It comes with the 8 pin power adapter, but it says i need bot a 6 and an 8. How is this accomplished?

side note: I will literally explode if i cannot support this card. I asked atomic rooster if i could use it, i posted specs, and was told i could.
dammit!

card-power-plugs.jpg

Here are the GX2's power connectors.

Here is the connectors you need from the PSU:

6 pin:

trio659.jpg

8 pin:

da750.15.jpg

Okay, i get it. But I only have 1 cord that is not being used already, and its a 6 pin power cord. How do i get another 8 pin power cord? How would i get it to attach to the PSU? Or does it mean that if i don't have both, I'm screwed? Is it still possible to cancel an order before it ships...

Okay, i get it. But I only have 1 cord that is not being used already, and its a 6 pin power cord. How do i get another 8 pin power cord? How would i get it to attach to the PSU? Or does it mean that if i don't have both, I'm screwed?
Okay, i get it. But I only have 1 cord that is not being used already, and its a 6 pin power cord. How do i get another 8 pin power cord? How would i get it to attach to the PSU? Or does it mean that if i don't have both, I'm screwed?
It is possible for you to run a 6 pin PCI-E connector from 2 molexs, then that would leave the 6 pin free for a 6 pin to 8 pin adapter. But that really is pushing it and I would not recommend doing that.
Is it still possible to cancel an order before it ships...
Should be...

You've been given another chance now don't get a GX2 this time... :D

Brb, on the phone.

Too late, its already being shipped.

It is possible for to run a 6 pin PCI-E connector from 2 molexs, so how is it done? It seems to be my only option at this point..

Back
Top Bottom