PCI vs AGP

Its not that much; its just natural. Internet is probably best though if you live so far out. All depends where you want to buy it from?

DCHWeb said:
Well, out here in the boondocks, there is only one computer "store" but it is nothing but my isps little shop where they have modems and stuff. I have talked to them and they don't know anything about video cards. When I have saved up enough for gas for a trip to the city, I shall take a look, assuming I have money left over for what I need after paying for gas to get there :p

Last time I looked into getting a new motherboard (around 3 years ago prolly) the cheapest one I found was about 200 dollars without the processor, which was another 200 dollars. Have they really come down that much?
Thanks for seeing my intent.I'm trying to slow you down so you can be sure you know what you need,not want because of What your friends etc might say.
What do you have now ?
What isn't up to snuff for ?
Please post on your profile at least the continent.

Well, you can take the coordinate pair I give you in my location and you will find that I am situated in the southeast part of kansas, one of the central-most states in the US. Every big city is at least two hours away from my small little town.

Anyway, the computer I am attemting to upgrade is a Hewlett-Packard prebuilt system that my dad gave to me when he bought a new one. The computer was purchased by our insurance company when we were struck by lightning, and in effort so loose a client, they bought a machine that was no longer supported by HP and had had many of its parts recalled. I refuses run at optimal performance, reason unknown, but here are the specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon, MMX, 3DNow @ 1.3 GHz
RAM: 112 MB
Video: S3 ProSavage KM133 16MB
Sound: VIA AC'97 Audio

It doesn't matter anymore, I have decided I am just going to build an all new system. I have my laptop still so I'll just hold off gaming for another year I guess. If you have any suggestions on why you think that comuter ( ^ ^ ) won't run (It takes no less than 15 minutes to cold boot) properly, let me know. Otherwise, I would appreciate comments on brands of these parts:

Motherboard
Video Card
Sound Card

First thought.Did XP detect all your devices when installing ?
Definetly get a pci sound card.SB Live is still a very cheap choice but much better than internal,or any newer SB.SB rules. ;)
As far a mbd,it's best to go with a "new mbd/cpu combo".
512 ddr ram.
Anything else won't improve your AMD 1.3.But i suggest genuine intel and an asus mbd.
Slow boot is another story,maintenance.
Try here for a checkup
http://www.pcpitstop.com/
Who sang this ?
Kansas City here I come ?

Nah, I have done all kinds of maintenance, nothing will fix this computer. As I noted, HP quit supporting this model of PC before it was even purchased, so I am just going to throw it in the trash can.

So you recommend Asus mother board SB Live Sound card and Intel CPU? I will look into it, thanks a lot.

Back
Top Bottom