pci question.

zackcon2

In Runtime
Is it possible for pci express slots to be bad. I have a wireless card in it and the ping jumps around and it will time out some times. No its not software prob and the card is not bad I tried it in a diff comp and gave no prob. Ill post pic of the ping later when I get home.

it is possible that it is the pci.
maybe not the pci slot but the chip that controlles pci.
in case you are wondering why the PCIe x16 works if the pci contoller is dead then you need to know that PCIe x16 is not connected to the south bridge but to the north bridge.
but it still might be another problem. i just dont know what else it can be.

It is completely possible that the PCI slot is going out. I had a client computer a week ago that kept having Video issues. After some testing we found out that the PCIe slot was shorting out. It destroyed two video cards in the meantime. Thank goodness they were under warranty :D

If you are not having issues with the wireless card in another computer, I wouldn't recommend using it in the computer that you are having issues, otherwise you could ruin the card.

However, it is likely that you may have an incorrect driver installed? If at all any driver?

my bad there pci express x1 slots the wireless card goes in. i know its not the card i can put it in my computer
(friend comp i built for him the one messing up) and it will work fine with no problems . i have cheaked the drivers over and over im sure not that.

Try install the latest mobo chipset driver and reboot the PC.

Try use the other PCI slot and see if that works.

Hope this helps!
Bill

Back
Top Bottom