PCI fan

I'm sorry, but I really doubt that airflow is enough to really change anything. In my eyes these fans are just rip offs.

Yea they should prevent his 8800gt from hitting 80'C :p

If not, they are worth some bragging rights and if you can get UV reactives look cool

I'm sorry, but I really doubt that airflow is enough to really change anything. In my eyes these fans are just rip offs.

Yeah! Airflow is a scam! Just mount this on your card and you should be good to go.

Scythe%20OROCHI.jpg

Note: card will look like this:

dsci0307.jpg

Yeah! Airflow is a scam! Just mount this on your card and you should be good to go.

Scythe%20OROCHI.jpg

Note: card will look like this:

dsci0307.jpg

Hey, why not?

I'm just saying that I don't think those fans will push enough air through there to make much of a change. They aren't big fans, and if you're trying to cool 2 cards you're only hitting the top of one of them anyhow.

The fin spacing on the Scythe Orochi (pictured heatsink) is pretty big. Doesn't take high-RPM fans to move air through it.

My point was, it is a passive cooler, because airflow is a ripoff.

Putting a standard case fan running perpindicular to the card does decrease temps by a good bit. Load temps on my 4850 x2 went down 8C when I put an 80mm fan in the drive bays, blowing out the extra PCI slots.

What about a fan that blows air into the PCI slots from the side, and then place another at where you tell me to try to add to?

[_____]____ <-air (fan)
[-fan-]card |<-air (fan)
[-fan_]____ <-air (fan)
[-fan-]----- <-air (fan)
[-fan-]----- <-air (fan)
[-fan_]____ <-air (fan)
[-fan-]card |<-air (fan)
[_____]____ <-air (fan)

Sorry about the bad diagram, hopefully you guys get the gist of it.

Back
Top Bottom