Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Default PCI bracket problem

Soo i am in the middle of a new build and I am installing the video card.. so i couldnt figure out how to get the pci bracket off so i could get my video card in... there werent any screws but instead this longer bracket that fits over top of all the other brackets that needs to be removed in order to punch out the pci brackets on the case.... so i put my video card in and i was trying to get this other bracket back on but it wont fit now and its really confusing.

this is the bracket i am talking about

another view...

this is the back inside of the case where all the pci expansion slots are.. as you can see they simply snap out... and that outer bracket fit over top at the edge...

this is the video card .. i cut off the top of the pci bracket in the photo but the video card bracket has a slot thing for a screw and so does my case but i cant find screws that came with my case that will fit this whole???
and what would the purpose of that outer bracket be then? i am really confused kuz the outer bracket wont fit back on now...?

EricM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 06:33 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: PCI bracket problem

that last picture looks fine to me.. i really don't know what you're trying to ask.

| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

the graphics card isnt secured with any screws or anything so its sitting in the pci-e socket and u can move the grapgics card around...im asking what i do to secure it...
Old 05-07-2006, 06:43 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

for the videocards i've bought, they usually came with the screws.. are you sure this one didnt come with one?
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #5
Golden Master

You screw the video card in first, then put that outer bracket over it. It probably conceals the screws to give it that clean look.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:39 PM   #6
Daemon Poster

i couldnt find the proper screw that would fit... that it struck me... ITS A SCREWLESS DESIGN!i wasnt supposed to take that bracket out... haha i put it back in and everything is fine now. it opens up and closes over the edge of the bracket on the video card.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:40 PM   #7
Golden Master

Seems like a lot of cases are doing that these days. Being screwless and all. That makes it a whole lot easier to take things apart and put back together.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:51 PM   #8
Daemon Poster

yep it was soo easy i should have taken the 2 seconds to read the instructions in the case manual! well i got a lot done tonight on my build.. i just have to install the hdd and im basically done!
Old 05-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #9
Golden Master

Lol, I thought you finished the build already. It usually takes me about 15 minutes to put the all the pieces together, without installing Windows that is. Installing Windows can take awhile, then get all the updates. That will take all night.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:56 PM   #10
Daemon Poster

no i have been extremely busy! i havent had ANY time to finish up.. its taking me forever kuz i keep delaying but its gonna be worth it!