PC to Xbox

exactly what freestyler105 said. I've had mine modded for about 3 years now and haven't had any problems yet. Modchips are so cheap now a days and solderless ones are actually good now so I would say drop 30 bucks on a chip and install it. If you were interested in actually saving games/videos/pictures/music (more than like 8 or 9 gigs worth) then I would say upgrade the harddrive in the xbox also. I have a 120 GB seagate harddrive and it works great. As I said before, head over to www.xbox-scene.com and check out their tutorials/forums. Any questions you have regarding the xbox have been answered there in great detail.

Whoopsy i made a mistake.

This is an X-box 360

NOT a standard X-Box

thanks for the replies so far, but how do you do this with an X-box 360?

freestyler105 said:
And, uh, paperplunger, the BIOS doesn't include a dashboard. The BIOS is the thing where the modchip / softmod tells the Xbox to boot to the alternate dashboard that is installed on the hard drive. Some examples of dashboards are Evolution X, Xbox Media Center, and more. So basically, after you mod the BIOS by a modchip or a softmod, you have to download a dashboard online and install it to the hard drive. The modchip will then boot to the new dashboard and you'll be set.

As long as you have slayer's cd, you're fine

EDIT
BTW if you have a mod-chip, it's totallly worth it. Games cost what now? $50? Rent one for around 2.99 at Blockbusters, and just copy it to your xbox, bring it back, and you've got a game.

LambOfGod said:
Whoopsy i made a mistake.

This is an X-box 360

NOT a standard X-Box

thanks for the replies so far, but how do you do this with an X-box 360?

Make sure it's connected to the same network as your PC, install Media Center Extender on your PC and check the Xbox 360 to see if it can detect the PC. Once you do that, streaming should be extremely easy.

yeah 360s have that ability from what I read...WMP has windows media connect in it now like I said before and that should work

Back
Top Bottom