PC Will not power on

filipesimoes

Solid State Member
Hello

I sincerely hope someone can offer some assistance. My PC will not power on. I know that the motherboard is recieving power because the LED's are coming on but it will not power up. I recently flashed the bios with the software provided with the motherboard. I have an Asus P4T533-C. My system is pretty old I believe the motherboard is about years old.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have a CD stuck in the CD Rom and I desperatley need to get it out.

Thanks so much.

Can't really help with the power issue, but as far as the CD goes just get a paperclip, unfold it and push it in the small hole on the front of the CD drive, should open it right up.

What Dot said will definitely help you get the CD out. Look on your CD drive and you'll see that little hole. Pushing it with a clip will open the tray for you.

As far as the computer goes, if your motherboard is getting power, this means that one of the other parts has probably died out on you. It could be the hard drive, the RAM, etc. Are you getting any beeps at all when you turn it on?

It could even be a bad power supply. It may have a blown capacitor or circuit thats allowing just enough juice to power up things like LEDs, fans, etc., but not enough to power the entire system.

It could even be a bad power supply. It may have a blown capacitor or circuit thats allowing just enough juice to power up things like LEDs, fans, etc., but not enough to power the entire system.

Exactly what I was thinking. Do the fans or anything spin when you press the power button?

is there an hdd? and try just sending power take one of the power cables and run it only to cd drive and it hoyuld open.

Thanks everyone the paperclip helped. I got my CD out. But my PC will still not boot. The fans do not come on and nothing beeps. I will try to isolate the problem.

Thanks again.

I had a similar problem once. Turned out to be the mobo. (not sure about the led on my mobo though) Could also very well be the psu. So those are the 2 things that I'd test first.

check the RAM / reseat it try one stick in 1 slot the other in the other slot .... etc

Back
Top Bottom