Not open for further replies.

CargoSlug

In Runtime
Is my PC worse than the xbox 360?

ASUS A8N Sli Delux
AMD 4400+ X2 ocd to 4600+ @ 2500mhz fsb
OCZ Gold 2 x 1gig sticks pc 4000
Nvidia BFG 7800gtx oc

Will my pc be like almost as good as the xbox 360 or way worse?

Your 4400+ gets owned by the triple-core CPU in the Xbox 360 (keep in mind, it's made by IBM, so it runs differently than AMD or Intel processors). The 48 pipelined ATI chip in the Xbox 360 is pretty damn fast (500mhz core), it'll probably beat a 7800 GTX single-handedly, but it'll lose a bit with two of them SLI'ed. However, remember that a 7800 GTX costs as much as the console itself, so if you want a console (seeing that you already have such a awesome computer), then get the Xbox 360.

ARE YOU AN IDIOT, THE XBOX VCARD HAS a 48X PIPELINE VIDEOCARD.> OF COURSE ITS GONNA OWN urs, you sack of nutsquall lol. plus the cpu is on the xbox 360 is like 2.3 times better than urs :p

Yeah I have to agree. The X-Box 360 is better than your PC.

Like Alvino says though, IBM CPU's run slightly differently, but yes, it has 3 cores...all running at 3.5GHZ... you've got to admit thats fast :p
I'm not sure in terms of power though, that this equals 9.5GHZ... because I'm sure it doesn't since they won't work all together like that.
Though it has the processing power in terms of Terraflops of 1!

Now imagine when the the PS3 comes out (I don't hold a grudge against any of them), that'll have double the processing power than the X-Box 360 (2 terraflops), and slightly better graphics too by 50mhz in terms of speed.

Though I have to say that your RAM is more than the X-Box 360 has. This is the problem with consoles, they never have enough, though you have to remember that they are to run games, and so, there won't be as much applications running in the background, or a Windows GUI to run either.

Kage said:
Though I have to say that your RAM is more than the X-Box 360 has. This is the problem with consoles, they never have enough, though you have to remember that they are to run games, and so, there won't be as much applications running in the background, or a Windows GUI to run either.

Well, like you said, the memory is only really needed for the graphics. Try to think of it as a computer video card with 512MB of RAM on it. There are few video cards with 512MB of RAM so far. Yeah, it has to run apps and stuff too, but also keep in mind that it's GDDR3 which is mega fast.

Yeah, makes sense.

What I'm talking about is system RAM though which is shared between sound I think... I don't think GDDR3 can support the system as well.

512mb is tonnes for a graphics card though, yes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom