PC upgrades

Much likes intel's speedstep or turbo clock w/e is called. Its just a fancy name for the the CPU ramps up to 4.2GHz when it needs it, I belive its 3.8GHz stock then just ramps up to 4.2GHz when it needs the speed. This is for saving power.

Much like my i7, its mostly 1.6GHz on the desktop and doing web browsing and that stuff. Then just ramps up to 4.5GHz(3.8GHz stock turbo clock) when I game or start more CPU hungry applications. Nowadays you overclock the turbo clock multiplier, and not the FSB multiplier

Ah i see. Iv never oc an Intel before.

Personally id rather it just stayed at 4.2GHz lol. The proc ramping never goes well with benchmarking

Haha im sure you could disable it and be at 4.2GHz all the time, you can do that with the intels im sure you could do that with the new bulldozers.

I dont think it could intefere since benchmarking pushes the CPU to the lmit, my clocks didnt went down when I was stressing it with prime95.

Nice 5.1GHz! 900MHz increase from the stock turbo clock. Voltage seems kinda high. Is 1.6V normal for AMD's?

Back
Top Bottom