PC to TV

GraJohnson75

Baseband Member
Hello,

I am trying to hook up my desktop to my TV and I have a few questions. Hokay so... I am using a standard S-Video cable to connect my computer to the TV and I was just wondering if it is possible (when connected) to view the screen on either channels 2 or 3. Also, I am running Windows Vista Ultimate and I need to know if there are any settings I need to change to be able to see my Windows desktop on the TV screen.

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate your help!!

Hmmm ... you're probably only going to get a screen to show up on the S-Video input of your t.v. For example, if your vcr was using the s-video cord previously, the input on your t.v. that produced the signal from your vcr needs to be the same for your computer. Don't think you will be able to have your Windows show up on channel 2 or 3.

I think that if you want to do that, you might have to buy a box that lets you hook up everything through the coax input on your tv. That would allow you to view it on channel 3 or 4 on your tv. I've seen one at walmart before, it has all kinds of hookups for component, composite, s-video, stuff like that and it allows you to connect it to a tv using a coax connection. Thats probably what you are looking at.

It doesn't have to do with Vista setting, it has to do with your tv and the fact that you are running it through the s-video input on your tv and you can't view that on, say, channel 3.

Back
Top Bottom