PC is Turning off Randomly

qkslvrsurf25

Solid State Member
I have built a new computer and my computer is now turning off randomly while it will be idling or while ill be watching a video or listening to music. when the pc turns off there is a few short beeps coming from the case. the case lights stay on and the fans do also (they are connected to the psu not the mother board) and the fan on the heatsink still spins. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

my computer setup is:
intel core 2 duo 6300
factory intel heatsink
intel dg965wh mobo
seagate 250gb sata hd
raidmax 500w max psu(came with case)
NEC 3.5inch floppy w/ card reader
lite-on dvd burner
2 gb (2x1gb) ddr2 800 gskill memory
windows xp pro sp2

qkslvrsurf25 said:
I have built a new computer and my computer is now turning off randomly while it will be idling or while ill be watching a video or listening to music. when the pc turns off there is a few short beeps coming from the case. the case lights stay on and the fans do also (they are connected to the psu not the mother board) and the fan on the heatsink still spins. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

my computer setup is:
intel core 2 duo 6300
factory intel heatsink
intel dg965wh mobo
seagate 250gb sata hd
raidmax 500w max psu(came with case)
NEC 3.5inch floppy w/ card reader
lite-on dvd burner
2 gb (2x1gb) ddr2 800 gskill memory
windows xp pro sp2

onboard video...?

It could still turn on, the problem would happen when it was reading or writing a faulty memory address

hmm thanks i just ordered a new heatsink, and ram tomorrow along with a 580w psu....so hopefully if its one of those 3 components it'll be done with

Back
Top Bottom