pc storing unwanted information.

danagol

Baseband Member
hello,
I have recently noticed that when i search on google or some other text entry field on the internet, that a dropdown box with previous searches appears. I can delete them by rolling over one of them and tapping delete several times, but is there a way to stop these from being remembered?
here is a pic of what i mean: http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/dan_of_darkness/annoyingthing.jpg

i have looked through many options and control panel several times, still with no luck, so any help is well needed.
many thanks dan.

Just goto tools in IE, then select internet options, then the general tab, then browsing history settings

what browser are u using. in firefox go to tools -> options -> privacy tab -> uncheck "remember what i enter in forms and the search bar" not sure about explorer, i don't use it anymore.

hmm, still no luck, all i get now is this
nope.jpg

i know its not temporary internet files, because i use a registry cleaner to remove these every day. also they seem to be kept there for months, rather than 0 days as it is set now.

EDIT - sorry if the pic is too big

Have you tried disabling the "Autocomplete" feature in your web browser? It should be in the Internet Options applet from within the Control Panel. Tools/Internet Options/Content (tab)/Autocomplete. Then take off the check marks in the little selection boxes. Give that a try and see what happens.

yes, this has fixed the problem. thanks TRDCOROLLA!
(btw if anyone else has this problem, disable the forms check box)

Back
Top Bottom