PC Starts automatically...

hvoltage

Solid State Member
Hi,

I just installed a new mobo I recently purchased and everything is working fine

The only problem is that the PC will start automatically when I switch the PSU on.

The PC will shut down normally (and will stay off) and the power and reset buttons work just fine, basically everything is normal except that if I switch the PSU off, system will start automatically upon switching it back on.

I REALLY appreciate any help, this is really annoying.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

I've spent a few hours trying to troubleshoot the problem, here's a list of what I've tried so far with no luck:

1-Empty the CMOS.
2-Checking connections between the PSU and the motherboard, everything seems to be solid.
3-Testing the power button (I even removed it and the problem persisted)
4-My CMOS settings are intact with the power cord disconnected, So I'm pretty sure it's not the battery (believe it or not I was kind of rooting for it!! :rolleyes:)
5-The motherboard is currently on my desk, so I guess motherboard being short is out of the equation too.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature."

You can go into your BIOS and look for a setting that tells the machine to turn on in case of a power outage, and then disable that feature. It may not be there; like I said, it's considered a positive feature by those who normally keep their machines always on.

If you are turning your PSU on, usually it's because you are going to turn the machine on, anyway, so it is saving you a step.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature."

You can go into your BIOS and look for a setting that tells the machine to turn on in case of a power outage, and then disable that feature. It may not be there; like I said, it's considered a positive feature by those who normally keep their machines always on.

If you are turning your PSU on, usually it's because you are going to turn the machine on, anyway, so it is saving you a step.

This. Most BIOS have a setting for "what to do after a power failure" and usually have the options of 'previous state', 'turn on', or 'stay off'. You should be able to find that somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom