PC Speed

Scyere

Baseband Member
I have a windows Vista (upgraded to 7) laptop, it's supposed to be for school work and stuff, not for games, so it runs games extremely slow. Does anyone know of a way I could speed it up withought buying anything? Thanks

Click the Start button, right-click the Computer icon, and choose Properties.
The Computer icon lives on the Start menu's right side.
Click Advanced System Settings, found in the window's left pane.
You may need to type a password from an Administrator account to enter this mysterious settings area.
In the Performance area, click the Settings button, click the Adjust For Best Performance button, and click OK.
These steps revert your system to the look of previous Windows versions that didn't rely so heavily on fancy graphics. To return to Windows 7's normal look, repeat the steps, but in Step 3, click the button called Let Windows Choose What's Best for My Computer.
When the final panel asks you to sign up for a Windows Live ID, ignore what it says and click Close.

It all depends on your hardware specs & what games you want to play
Most laptops were not built specifically for gaming, so really without upgrading any hardware I think you have no hope.

If your laptop is running slow even when your not on games you should try CCleaner it helps remove cookies and registry's ect.

Back
Top Bottom