PC speakers

I've been doing more research and it's almost impossible to find 2.1 speakers with a wireless remote.

One of the reasons i wanted a remote was to be able to lower the volume when it got loud. My room is right next to the living room and pretty much in the middle of the house. But mum bought a new house and ill be moving in soon and my room will be in one side, with own bathroom and lounge so i'm not worried about the volume issue anymore.

So i'm thinking of going with the Bose Companion 3. On their Australian website it goes for AUS $399.

BOSE is for people with a lot of money that don't know better.

I still say piece your own setup together. You'll get better sound and you'll feel better knowing you put it together.

BOSE is for people with a lot of money that don't know better.

I still say piece your own setup together. You'll get better sound and you'll feel better knowing you put it together.

This is actually one of the few things I will agree with Cabbs on with audio.

Bose is a brand that has gone down in terms of quality over the past few years, and unfortunately the company's number one objective is to sell uninformed consumers overpriced speakers for a brand name. For lack of better words, don't be an idiot. :)

There's a few 2.1 systems out there with a remote, but it's largely unknown brand names and Creative's crappy speakers.

I read this thread last night, wasn't sure if I was going to reply, but I'll chime in.

I owned a set of Klipsch Pro Media v.2-400's for several years (still have them, mom uses them now) and they're pretty much the gold standard for PC audio, I "upgraded" from those to the Logitech Z-5500's, and the mids are definitely a little muddier than the Klipsch, but the sub is infinitely better in terms of filling the room. The klipsch speaker set sub was good, but I felt like it always threw the bass too short for the system's size.

I've never equated the Z-5500's to having a poor bass response, and I've been able to compare it to much more elegant solutions. Of course you can do better if you piece your own system and buy your own amp, but if you just want to buy something and open the box, plug it in and use them, the 5500's deliver. The remote is easy to use, I almost never use the volume stand except to plug in headphones from time to time, and I love the ability of the preamp to do things like Dolby Pro Logic II Music and Gaming, etc. The optical input hasn't been tested yet, but since my X-Fi just died on me, my next card will have the optical output so I can try it out.

It's a bit of an investment, but so is a custom solution. If you have nothing to compare them to, the 5500's will serve you well for many years.

I wanted to quickly mention that I only use optical audio with the z5500's and the sound is as crisp as some of the high end systems I've seen on the market.

I probably can't plug the xbox into the Bose speakers. I havn't made my mind up yet. Will post later.

Back
Top Bottom