PC Rig to play latest games

skip2

Beta member
Hi i wanted some help in building my PC Rig to play the latest games that will coming out in the next few months like Battlefield 3 and Elder Scrolls Skyrim and future releases like Mass Effect 3 and Star wars and i wanted to play them as close as possible to the highest settings with these parts

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100314VXSR Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Radeon 6870 Sapphire
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard Gigabyte GA Motherboard
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8gb (2x4)
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDE00ZFBGRBOX AMD Phenom II x6 1100T
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Samsung 1TB 32mb SpinPoint Internal Hard Drive
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-/+R 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Combo Model SH-B123L/RSBP LightScribe Support Samsung Blu-Ray Drive
Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Antec 900 Mid Tower Case
or Antec 900 two V3 mid tower caseNewegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case

also if you can give me any tips on parts that i' am missing and any other tips on anything if possible

I will tell you now to avoid XFX, they are a cheaper manufacturer in terms of quality out of the Radeon sellers (hence their low price, and frequency to have issues).

Stick with Sapphire, and if your looking for extra juice either upgrade the card a bit more or crossfire it. If you need recommendations feel free to ask!

I have had 2 XFX cards die on me in the past. They outsource their parts, so sometimes it is a hit and sometimes a miss. You may have lucked out and got the better half of their merchandise, but when recommending Radeon brand in terms of quality, Sapphire still stands superior at this point in time.

(Nothing against you and your card 220, XFX is just known to be a problematic manufacturer of Radeon cards. But if the OP wishes to take the risk then that is his decision and who knows, maybe he will get a good one like you!)

*I also wanted to add that unlike alot of the NVidia brand cards, you can typically judge a Radeon card quality by its price. Radeon has many many many manufacturers, all of whom have their pluses and minuses, but one thing is that you are not merely paying for a name (EX: most Nvidia brand cards cost more, but do the exact same thing, that is why Intel is so pricey compared to AMD, it is all via name brand marketing). Feel free to ask though if your wondering about a card!

Hi im new here but i figured this post is similar to the one i want to make so i won't make a new one :)
Im in the process of getting a new computer as there are some amazing games coming out and i want them at their best :).
This is what i've put together

WaterCool : Antec KUHLER 620 cpu cooler

Ram: Corsair 8gb ddr3 1600mhz

GPU 2x: ASUS nVidia gtx560

PSU: OCZ ZX 1250W

Cpu: Intel core i7-960

motherboard: GA-X58A-UD3R

Harddrive: WD Caviar Green 2tb

Optic: LG DVD burner

I have a few questions though
1. is this enough PSU
2. Do these cards Sli well/at all?
3.I have no idea about the case, i would like one that is good looking easy to use and big enough

thanks alot :p

Making a post within an established thread on someone else's issue is considered rude in the online BB world. Just as an FYI, make a new thread with your request and people will actually respond to it, Zippo.

Back
Top Bottom