PC Repair store installed Clonezilla??? Bloatware -

Eighty8lx501

Baseband Member
So my New Toshiba A215-S4747 fell and broke the hinges, took it to a computer repair store (Geomar Computers in San Diego 619-283-2364) to get that fixed. I get it back and turn it on, Everything is changed (start menu, desktop icons, slowness, etc.. Open up the cd drive and then this burnt cd pops out (something Clonezilla)?????????? WTFWTFWTF??? Later find the back of the lcd is not even shut, I had to pry it shut. I then just re-formated with Vista to a clean install. Why did they install this, do they usually install bloat ware like this?? What is this Clonzilla software???

DSCN4725.jpg

DSCN4723.jpg

did u have any personal info on ur computer at the time... Clonzilla: "Clonezilla, based on DRBL, Partition Image, ntfsclone, and udpcast, allows you can massively clone many (40 plus!) computers simultaneously"

i dont know y they would need that to repair some hinges

did u have any personal info on ur computer at the time... Clonzilla: "Clonezilla, based on DRBL, Partition Image, ntfsclone, and udpcast, allows you can massively clone many (40 plus!) computers simultaneously"

Not really, was a newish laptop, Other then my AOL account, and my questionable bookmarks. Not really anything on it too personal. So what can that program achieve somebody? What would a pc repair store do with it?

Well what i would do.. is go back and demand a reason for using a cloning software to fix some HINGES then show them the CD.. and watch them go WTF?!?

as long as u didn't have any important personal info on it, then dont worry about it.. and u did a fresh install. so theres nothin to worry about... BTW what kinda hinges are we talkin about?

I will personally go in there after xmas and complain/threaten legal recourse. Show them the evidence.... Maybe contact Microsoft about them stealing my COA.

there ya go.. they had no reason to even turn the computer on...lol, HINGES

like thee kinda hinges, right?
v100-closeup-hinge.jpg

yeah. like i said they had NO right to even turn the computer on.. how much di d u pay to get it fixed?

THATS RIDICULiOUS.. for some hinges.. um. im sure heres a law that says that they cant do that.. i googled and could't find anything

did they actually repair it though?

Back
Top Bottom