Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #11
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 125
Default Re: PC for programming

Also, Apple announced a new line of Retina MBPs today. Would be a great time to buy if you want to spend that much money.
__________________

SethWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:26 AM   #12
Fully Optimized
 
ssc456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,279
Send a message via MSN to ssc456
Default Re: PC for programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
Not always true for developing though. Assuming it's still true, he needs an apple if he wants to program for IOS devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daserg View Post
Yeah, a MAC is required for programming iPhone/iPad/apps for the MAC
I'm being a little pedantic here but that's not entirely true.
It's certainly the easiest way however - iPhone Development On Windows – 7 Options

Also re the submitting Apps that that website still believes you need a Mac for, not entirely true either there are third party companies that will compile and submit them for you for a small fee.
__________________

__________________
He who has never failed has never attempted anything worth succeeding at.

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #13
BSOD
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Home
Posts: 34
Default Re: PC for programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc456 View Post
I'm being a little pedantic here but that's not entirely true.
It's certainly the easiest way however - iPhone Development On Windows 7 Options

Also re the submitting Apps that that website still believes you need a Mac for, not entirely true either there are third party companies that will compile and submit them for you for a small fee.
What about for windows 8 ?
Daserg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #14
Fully Optimized
 
ssc456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,279
Send a message via MSN to ssc456
Default Re: PC for programming

I must confess I haven't tested all of the programs listed there but I do know that at least one of them (Adobe Flash) is compatible with Windows 8 and I shouldn't see any reason why the rest aren't as well.
__________________
He who has never failed has never attempted anything worth succeeding at.

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
BSOD
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Home
Posts: 34
Default Re: PC for programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc456 View Post
I must confess I haven't tested all of the programs listed there but I do know that at least one of them (Adobe Flash) is compatible with Windows 8 and I shouldn't see any reason why the rest aren't as well.
Um no, sorry you misunderstood, should have quoted.
I meant are the resources out to programme for the iPad/iPhone with windows 8 ?
Daserg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #16
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: PC for programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc456 View Post
I'm being a little pedantic here but that's not entirely true.
It's certainly the easiest way however - iPhone Development On Windows 7 Options
Do so all you like to correct wrong information I had never tried and simply went off of what I had heard so having proof to the contrary is always appreciated.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:02 AM   #17
Fully Optimized
 
ssc456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,279
Send a message via MSN to ssc456
Default Re: PC for programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daserg View Post
Um no, sorry you misunderstood, should have quoted.
I meant are the resources out to programme for the iPad/iPhone with windows 8 ?
Yes and that is what I answered.

Adobe Flash will run on Windows 8 and you can develop iPhone and iPad apps with Adobe Flash.
__________________
He who has never failed has never attempted anything worth succeeding at.

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #18
BSOD
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Home
Posts: 34
Default Re: PC for programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc456 View Post
Yes and that is what I answered.

Adobe Flash will run on Windows 8 and you can develop iPhone and iPad apps with Adobe Flash.
I didn't know you can develop iPhone/iPad apps with Adobe flash ?? I thought that would only work with Android. What language would this be in ??

I mean with objective C you can integrate C into it, so for that is a MAC required ??
__________________

Daserg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0