Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-10-2005, 10:51 PM   #1
Baseband Member
Default PC Problem (Yes, again)

Okay, my computer won't boot up properly, even after reformating and reinstalling the PC.

After shutting down the computer and for a certain amount of time, it won't start up correctly; the computer fans turns on but nothing shows up on the screen--I can't even hear the processor running. The only way it'll boot up is if I let it idle for a while in that state of condition and than boot it up again--now I can hear the processor run. The computer also freezes up from time to time.

I know it's not the video card for sure. I've tried the PC without the video card and still have the same problem. It's not Winxp either.

Could it possibly be my Mobo or Ram?

I have:

Intel D865GBF mobo
P4 2.8GHZ Prescott
Kingston Vaule Ram Dual Channel 512mb x 2 PC3200

iflabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:42 PM   #2
Daemon Poster
Default Re: PC Problem (Yes, again)

It could be your processor is getting overheated that would explain why your computer freezes up from time to time

Athlon 64 3.500 90nm Winchester Core (overclocked to 3.800)
Asus A8V Rev.2 Deluxe Corsair 2x512MB DDR XMS3200XL Platinum TwinX
HIS ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB DDR IceQ TV-Out/DVI
Sound Blaster Live 2x SATA 200GB WD Hard Drives SX1040BII Black Performance Series II SOHO File Server 430W PSU
Creative Inspire 5.1 P580 Speakers Sharp LL-172G 17" LCD Monitor - Black
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:34 AM   #3
Daemon Poster

it could also be your mobo.
i had an old a bit low end mobo with my set up.
i played cal of duty on it for about six hours once, the session only ended when it shutdown itself and started showigng the same symptoms as you have. after that i started getting occasional freezing followed by a wait for a few minutes before it would re boot.
i tested every thing with no succsess. i re formated still no joy. i knew that my mobo was a bit outdated so changed that. i now have it back to a1 condition.
wozelbeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:32 PM   #4
Baseband Member

I doubt it has to do nothing with overheating problems. My Intel Active Monitor gives me a reading of 37 degress celsius, which is good. The freezing isn't a constant problem, it only occurs a few times. And the freezing can happeneanytime anywhere--even at boot up.

Not to mention, I had to replace the Mobo once when I was building my PC to get it working. I lost faith in Intel......
iflabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:40 PM   #5
Send a message via MSN to DarkBlade

So many possiblities! However, your RAM may be damaged in several areas, thus making it perform at low class levels. Try replacing the RAM (if you have that ability and money) and see what happens (it can't hurt to replace it either with better ram, especially lower latency and better timings)
DarkBlade is offline   Reply With Quote