PC Not Recognizing CD Drive (D:)

ebens311

In Runtime
Hey all. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere out there about this, but could someone give me a hand with my PC issues here? About 2 weeks ago I noticed that my D: drive (CDRW drive) is not showing up under My Computer, and the PC won't read CDs or anything of the sort. So I tried a couple things, like going into regedit, but when I did it gave me the below error message. (Note: I did not try to access it through DOS, I went through Start, Run, then typed in "regedit")

regediterror.jpg

I tried replacing the CD drive to no avail, and replaced the ribbon cord to no avail. The power cord is fine as it is opening and shutting when I push the open/close button.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I have also looked into numerous things with Windows Support but that didn't work either.

Have you tried going into the device manager and seeing if it's listed in there? If so, remove (uninstall) it and then reboot to see if XP picks it up and reinstalls it.

I just uninstalled it, but all it did when I restarted and it booted back up...it just recognized it with a baloon in the lower right corner, but still no CD drive in My Computer.

Then I tried "Add Hardware" and it gave me this error message.

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

run a reg cleaner to clean out old or corupted junk in the registry.

also is your hhd set as a slave drive via jumpers in back of it ?

The registry part of it, didn't work because I cannot get into the registry, but I tried the guided help and got this error message.

error.jpg

Back
Top Bottom