pc issue

I want to check the pin seating on the cpu so bad. Intel/amd? You pull off a heat sink on an amd processor and it can become improperly seated even if it is locked in. Weird things can happen when you mess with the pins on a cpu. Whenever replacing a heat sink be sure to unlock the cpu and look down the rows of pins to be sure none are bent and reseat as if brand new.

I want to check the pin seating on the cpu so bad. Intel/amd? You pull off a heat sink on an amd processor and it can become improperly seated even if it is locked in. Weird things can happen when you mess with the pins on a cpu. Whenever replacing a heat sink be sure to unlock the cpu and look down the rows of pins to be sure none are bent and reseat as if brand new.

Good call. I've seen that a lot on older Dells with the P4. A lot of times the chip would be stuck to the heat sink it would be pulled from the socket.

i went ahead and reseated the cpu
since its a 775 socket there are no pins on the cpu
the pins are on on the socket itself
but i think i found the issue
IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

now i followed the instructions to the letter
why is it not seating correctly?

so i finally answered my own question
i saw the reason why it isnt/wont seat properly on the mobo
IMG_0388.jpg

its being stopped by some caps
thanks corsair
so much for fitting any mobo/cpu combo

I have very little understanding of watercooling, however...

Wouldn't having washers lift the cooler off the CPU, thus reducing th contact, and making the cooler less efficient?

Back
Top Bottom