pc issue

I'm with strollins comment, make sure you are using thermal paste and make sure the heatsink is making correct contact with your CPU.... going by your comment it is not happening.... otherwise you are going to cook your cpu....

If you have a short your motherboard will shut down immediately or you will blow the PSU.

Wheres the screw and standoff that used to be next to the CPU fan header?

This is true ^^ a Mobo should always be supported properly...

If you have a short your motherboard will shut down immediately or you will blow the PSU.

I dont think it is a short or it would do as sed above, or the washers, and yes corsair have pre-loaded thermal compound. However if you have removed the cooler you need to re-apply the compound as OhSnapWord told me tiny air bubbles can be trapped between the CPU and the cooler, resulting in poor cooling performance.

But to be honest i think you should test the set out on another computer, i think it may be faulty, the shutdowns are from CPU getting to Hot, not nothing else (i presume). Either this or you CPU_FAN port isn't working properly but you sed you old fans worked fine?

Test the corsair on another computer or enter bios and turn the multiplier down on you CPU, so the CPU doesn't work enough to get that hot and run some fan tests, and see if the fans slow/get faster.

My theory you have a faulty pump in the H60 and need to return it, but try everything before hand and be confident its broken before returning, many component stores test products sent back to them, to ensure there not being scammed.

I think the heatsink of the cooler is not sitting properly or you may need to reapply thermal compound. if i remember correctly, you would need to replace the old compound if you take the heatsink off, regardless of how long it was sitting on the cpu

okay well i hooked everything up to the PSU and solved the booting issues
and the sudden heat spike for the most part
however
there is still another problem
when i get into the system the idle times are in the mid to low 30s C
but when i turn it loose and let it run at full load
it quickly shoots up to over 80C
which shouldnt be right
the thermal past was not disturbed
so thats why i put it back
does anyone know if it is possible to over tighten the fasteners?
but that doesnt seem like a possible problem
since im getting decent temps at idle
any ideas?

Whenever you remove a heat sink, it is good practice to clean off any thermal paste from the heat sink and the CPU and re-apply new thermal paste. Tiny air bubbles can get trapped which would result in poor cooling performance.

Check the BIOS for any setting that relate to the speed of the CPU fan.

Whenever you remove a heat sink, it is good practice to clean off any thermal paste from the heat sink and the CPU and re-apply new thermal paste. Tiny air bubbles can get trapped which would result in poor cooling performance.

Check the BIOS for any setting that relate to the speed of the CPU fan.

the only fan that i have plugged into t he CPU header is the one that came with the H60
but its not on the H60
its in the back of the case
it wont have any relevance to the cpu temps

it was there before and it wouldnt get past post
thats one of the changes that i made to the rig after i poster here first

Back
Top Bottom