This problem has had me stumped for the last 5 days, please help me!! please
Problem: My computer freezes randomly while watching videos. It may take 2 min or 30 min but it always happens and i must restart the computer.
All this has happened after i installed the cpu from a xp2100 to a sempron 3000 socket a and updated the bios.
Albatron 6600gt video agp
Asus a7v880 motherboard
- onboard ac 97
- onboard marvel yukon nic
Sempron 3000+ stock
1 1/2 gig ddr 333
wd 120gb sata
Thermaltake 480 watt
It is service pack 1 at the moment
Things i have tried:
- reinstalled drivers
- unistalled drivers, restarted and installed version 77.77 video driver
- reinstalled windows
- updated bios with different updates with no success to the problem (asus 1004, 1008)
- video, cpu and motherboard temps are acceptable.
- power supply is giving a steady reading from asus probe utilities
- ran memtest86 which gave no errors
- ran prime95 which passed
this could be my video card that is causing the problem but i am in desperate need of your help!