PC Freezing?

The cpu usage will jump to a high point when a program first starts up. And those do seem a bit on the high side.

Do you have an original M$ install CD or just a manufacturer's restore disc?

Sorry...M$ = microsoft
do you have an original microsoft windows xp(pro) installation disc for your computer.

start > run and type this;

SFC /scannow

notice the space then hit enter you will be prompted to insert the disc in the cd-rom and let it go...take about 20 minutes and it will repair all your system files to original condition....if there is an issue about a system error this will fix it..If your problem still continues then it is probably driver or spyware issues. but this will elliminate any of the other problems that could be associated with what troubles you are having.

****this will not work with anything but an original microsoft installation disc******

lurkswithin before i do this it wont mess up or uninstall any of my installed software or anyhtign will it?

No it will not do anything to your system except to verify that all system files are in their original condition. That is as it was first installed...It does absolutely nothing to anything else.
Promise ...lol

ok i did it...it was 3/4 done and so i went and had my dinner i came back and it was gone (the progress bar)...i guess this means there was no errors?

It will not tell you of any errors just fixes them.

Now try to see if your programs work a tad bit better and see if the cpu usage is still high.

Back
Top Bottom