PC and electricity bill

sammytheman

In Runtime
Hey fellas lately my electricity bill has went up and my mom is blaming me and my pc. I have the following:

e4300
seasonic 600W s12 power supply
8800gtx
2X1024 xms2 pc6400c4
armour 8000 case
samsung 226bw 22inch monitor
Logitech X-540 speakers
p5b deluxe wifi mobo
zalman 9500led heatsink

I leave my baby on 5-8 hours on a day and then I put it to "SLEEP" mode when not using it. My other question is, would leaving pc on for long periods of time reduce its lifespan? Do you guys think my system is sucking a lot of power and making my bills rise?

Well said, that's the honest truth, your PC is a beast especially with that 8800GTX, give your computer a rest a bit, you'll see a decrease in bills. As for reducing your PCs lifespan, it won't noticeably decrease the life span of your computer if at all. The only problem would be with cooling/overheating.

there are four computers in my house that are constantly on 24/7...that cant be good

It really depends on power consumption, if they're all geared up with SLI'd 8800GTXs and running at full load 24/7 then yeah, you definitely have a problem there.

hey sammy, in your situation, i would right click>properties>screen saver>power>hibernate tab>select hibernate>and turn hibernate on, once you've done that, select the advanced tab>change :when i press the button on my computer... change that to hibernate", now when you press the power button your computer will go into hibernate, this is exactly like stand by or sleep, but takes no power at all, when you turn it back on it loads to the exact spot you were in just like standby, i use this all the time

hey sammy, in your situation, i would right click>properties>screen saver>power>hibernate tab>select hibernate>and turn hibernate on, once you've done that, select the advanced tab>change :when i press the button on my computer... change that to hibernate", now when you press the power button your computer will go into hibernate, this is exactly like stand by or sleep, but takes no power at all, when you turn it back on it loads to the exact spot you were in just like standby, i use this all the time

How do I do the above in VISTA?? I got lost following it :(

Back
Top Bottom