Pavilion G6 1029-tx Laptop Keyboard MAJOR issues

SamualDude

Beta member
Hi guys, A week ago my sister spilt nail polish on the Keyboard and things are really odd. Some of the keys do not work as intended. The u key when logining in will bring up the ease of access menu. When logged in Windows Help and Support will randomly pop up from time to time. The p key will bring up presentation options as if I'm using a projected. The S key will bring up OneNote. When starting up it won't even give me the option to access the bios and go straight to System Information and then to the Windows boot manager.

When I plug in my USB keyboard all the keys on it may work for a while but eventually the keys will start having the same issue as the laptop keyboard. Even when logging in and bringing up the on screen keyboard the U key will still have same issue.

If need be I'm happy to use a USB keyboard and unplugging the laptop keyboard
I really need help. Thanks!

If a USB keyboard is not working properly after a while then there could be a few things to look at.

Firstly make sure all keyboard drivers are up to date.

A second possibility is you are using a key combination for this to start.

Third there might have been more parts harmed than just the keyboard.

One question I have is how did you dry it out?

As for getting it to power on again try pressing all of the keys and see if any are sticking. Then try booting again.

Mossiac

If a USB keyboard is not working properly after a while then there could be a few things to look at.

Firstly make sure all keyboard drivers are up to date.

A second possibility is you are using a key combination for this to start.

Third there might have been more parts harmed than just the keyboard.

One question I have is how did you dry it out?

As for getting it to power on again try pressing all of the keys and see if any are sticking. Then try booting again.

Mossiac

Hey Mossiac, Thankfully it was just an issue with the keyboard. Have taken it out and am now using an external USB keyboard. Thanks for your advice regardless!

Back
Top Bottom