password recovery

unreal1

Beta member
i didnt really know where to post this, but does anyone know of any good software that can help you to recover your password on your computer? i have windows xp pro and i need to recover one of my passwords. what should i do, thanks.

What is the program, and give us the story so we know that your not tring to get your friends stuff.

Because for some odd reason, I just dont trust you.

well u have no reason to not trust me. and its not a program its the password to the login screen when u turn the pc on. i need to recover that password for another user. i dont know what to use or how to do it

Just the way you worded it sounds really sketchy.

Just boot into safe mode, go to the admin account, and take off the password, restart log in, and then create a password again.

Just to let you know, I still dont beleive you, Lol, doesnt matter you know know.

There is no program that can run in the user log in space. Its just a matter of manipulating the OS.

Right click on my computer
Hit manage
Select the folder called "Local Users and groups"
then hit users
right click on the user and hit "Set password"
and you should be good

unreal said:
well u have no reason to not trust me. and its not a program its the password to the login screen when u turn the pc on. i need to recover that password for another user. i dont know what to use or how to do it
You may well be an honest guy, asking a perfectly legit question, but we have to be very cautious as we get a lot of new members asking CF for ways of getting round passwords, Arrizx was right to query your intentions, he & I are both moderators in a fourteen-strong band, do you consider that you have told us enough to satisfy our concerns?

natej315 said:
Right click on my computer
Hit manage
Select the folder called "Local Users and groups"
then hit users
right click on the user and hit "Set password"
and you should be good

Hmm, if any files have been encryted or privatised, this method may render some files inaccessable. To make sure that that doesn't happen, your best to used a brute force password decryptor.

There's a Linux Live CD (I forgot the name of it) that boots directly of your cdrom drive and it can brute force decrypt windows passwords. If I'd known the name, I'd tell you but I don't - sorry.

Back
Top Bottom