password

CaneBaller

In Runtime
is there any way i can put a password to restrict other ppl from downloading stuff off the internet to my comp
like if my bro wanted to download something is there a way to block this by using a pass

yes go to start/my computer/control panel/ user accounts/ then pick your account and put in a pw.. hope this is the type of pw you wanted? If not, then just take your power cord with you where ever you go haha nah j/k If you have multiple computers and you don't want them downloading stuff likes say via limewire, then you'll have to block those ports

You could also set a BIOS password aswell so the computer cant be booted up

Do you want it so your bro can still use your computer but just not download and install stuff? OR do you want total control and not allow him in? If you want him to still use it, you can set him up a new account with limit access, which means he can still download stuff but just not install anything. Its very hard to block the total control of downloads from the net. You could install zone alarm and set it to high control and have a password which makes him enter in the password if he wants to download something (he doesnt have pw, you do). you could even change some setting in Services, but thats alittle crazy.

Back
Top Bottom