PAssowrd protecxt a fpol;der

FuRgy

BSOD
is there a way 2 password protect a folder, so wen u clik it, u hgave to put a password in to go in tee hee

Encrypt it... All you have to do is to right click a file, then go to properties, then click advanced, then check the box taht says Encrypt Data. Easy as pie, mmmmmmmmm pie!

OK, I'm running windows ME, When I right click a folder and go properties, there is only one tab- General.

It just tells me the type, size, location, size on disk, what the folder contains, when it was created, and the options to make it hidden, read only or archive. That's all...

Ok, so when u encrypt it, how does that stop someone else from opening that file? Do you have to enter a password to open the file? Lets use a *.jpg image for instance, if i dont want anyone else to see it, but i want to be able to see it, what would i do?

I tried finding out how to do this a while back. I had a folder I didnt want anyone to be able to look in, was told to encrypt in, and fair enough it didnt let anyone view the files, but they could still see what the files were etc...
In the end gave up having failed miserably trying to pass-prot a whole folder

hihi i wanted that a few months ago... i came across a program that uses a paswwrod protect thingy..........i think it was freeware but im not quite sure......... search for it it was called something like hide folders and files its green so ignore the thingy caled hide xp

I used a program called lock folder Xp once. It protected a folder with a password and hid the folder. Then i forgot the password, had no idea where the folder was located and i couldnt uninstall the program b/c i didnt have the password. :S So i dont want to use that program again.

it also depends on what u want coz there are a lot of shareware programs ............... that are cheap but ......... i prefer freeware...

I imagine lock folder XP only works with XP...lol, Anybody gotr anything for ME?

Back
Top Bottom