By-passing Dell Laptop Password

Vandiyan said:
I have been told now buy a number of people to be leary about buying used computers. If I was to just format and install an XP copy that I bought, how would I go about doing that?

why is this...? if you know about computers you can check out the specs pretty easily...

I have a small flash drive (32MB) that I carry around just in case I see a computer that I may want to buy, it has everest and pcwizard on it (among other things)...

I just bought a computer for $25 from a thrift store because they couldn't figure out how to get past the setup password and it didn't boot because the master drive was taken out...

old sony vaio...
900MHZ AMD Duron...
256MB SDRAM...
40GB HDD...
DVD ROM/CD writer...

obviously I didn't get to use my flash drive on it, but got to open it up to see what was inside and got into the bios after resetting the cmos...

I have a friend who doesn't have a computer who will be receiving it tomorrow for $25...

Ocelot said:
Just curious as to what point windows passwords have then?
If anyone can just boot to safe mode and log in as administrator.
This will only work if there isnt an admin password on in the first place, you should always set one up.

wol-va-rine said:
why is this...? if you know about computers you can check out the specs pretty easily...

I have a small flash drive (32MB) that I carry around just in case I see a computer that I may want to buy, it has everest and pcwizard on it (among other things)...

I just bought a computer for $25 from a thrift store because they couldn't figure out how to get past the setup password and it didn't boot because the master drive was taken out...

old sony vaio...
900MHZ AMD Duron...
256MB SDRAM...
40GB HDD...
DVD ROM/CD writer...

obviously I didn't get to use my flash drive on it, but got to open it up to see what was inside and got into the bios after resetting the cmos...

I have a friend who doesn't have a computer who will be receiving it tomorrow for $25...
nice buy , why bother with the flsh drive though , just go run>dxdiag there ya go instant specs , cos the flash drive wont work on win 98

Back
Top Bottom