Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #51
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to MarxSoccer Send a message via AIM to MarxSoccer Send a message via MSN to MarxSoccer Send a message via Yahoo to MarxSoccer
Default Re: Parts in, ready to build!

I've noticed in the bios, for the IDE Master, it's my dvd drive, and when you hit enter to do the auto check w/e thing, it says something about HDD, Do I need to set it something else since maybe it's thinking its a hdd or? And I have the CD-ROM first in the boot sequence..

MarxSoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:36 PM   #52
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to MarxSoccer Send a message via AIM to MarxSoccer Send a message via MSN to MarxSoccer Send a message via Yahoo to MarxSoccer

Bump

Old 01-20-2006, 09:03 PM   #53
BSOD

This is sad, somebodyyy
Old 01-21-2006, 04:57 AM   #54
Golden Master

I just finished watching Transporter and Transporter 2. Awesome movie!!!!!! So you're not able to boot from the CD? Try to install the burner on the Secondary slot. BIOS should pick it up. It's the hard drive part that gets confusing. Is there a SATA hard drive option for a boot device?
Old 01-21-2006, 02:49 PM   #55
BSOD

Love that movie! I just had to switch the ram from slots 1-3 to 2-4, worked fine! Only thing is I have that safely remove hardware icon down by the clock, and it's wanting to remove my dvd player!?
Old 01-21-2006, 03:01 PM   #56
Golden Master

Oh, RAM placement. That's still kind of strange how it makes you do that. I wonder if that's the case for most user when switching to DFI motherboards? I use slots 1 and 2 in that order. BUt who knows how manufacturer design them.

So it looks like you finally got Windows installed. That's pretty good. I'm not sure why is says that. Are there any question marks or exclamation marks in Device Manager next to your DVD burner? It's obviously working because you got Windows installed. I know for SATA hard drives, it will ask you that message all the time. I forgot how to disable from popping up. It's been a long time.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:20 PM   #57
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
Oh, RAM placement. That's still kind of strange how it makes you do that. I wonder if that's the case for most user when switching to DFI motherboards? I use slots 1 and 2 in that order. BUt who knows how manufacturer design them.

So it looks like you finally got Windows installed. That's pretty good. I'm not sure why is says that. Are there any question marks or exclamation marks in Device Manager next to your DVD burner? It's obviously working because you got Windows installed. I know for SATA hard drives, it will ask you that message all the time. I forgot how to disable from popping up. It's been a long time.
yeah I ran memtest, and got 1 million+ errors, switched the slots and no errors

No exclamtion marks or anything, if you figure out how to get it to go away let me know!
Old 01-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #58
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

Well, your BIOS shoul detect your SATA HDD. If not, then go to your manufacture's webiste and try downloading one of their manuals. I had to do that when I had to install my power switches and reset switch and a bunch of other stuff. Also, make sure you either save that manual to a Floppy Disk, os better yet, print it out, put it into a folder and put it somewhere safe for future reference. Trust me when I say that manuals are a lifeline. They prove, at time, almost invaluable to most problems. So incase something happens, it's always good to have a backup of the manual incase you lose the manual that came with your motherboard.
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:52 PM   #59
BSOD

Floppy isn't working
Old 01-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #60
Golden Master

Is the green light lit most of the time?