Parts in, ready to build!

Yeah, I used that adapter too for my SATA drive. I wouldn't "daisy chain" that many devices on a single power connector. Spread it all out. In the future, if you ever need to use additional power cords, the device or whatever you want to install will generally come with a y-splitter so you will always have at least one power connector available.

Yeah. I guess better safe than sorry, I'll go back and mess around with the psu cables for a bit

Installed the video card, the very back corner just barely sits on the chipset fan, no biggy right?

Ok I have cut down the chain that was: DVD drive, floppy, hdd, and fan to this:

1st chain: DVD drive, floppy, 120mm fan
2nd chain: Harddrive

eh?

I think im about to bring it in here hook the monitor up and see what happens!

It's ok if the video card sits on the chipset fan. The card is so thin that it won't obstruct too much airflow. The power spread looks ok. There's no potential danger or anything like that, just power fluctuations.

Alright, put the side back on, brought it in here, plugged the power in, keyboard, and monitor. Power it, all the fans work, theres lights on the mobo, including one that according to my manual, if all 4 in a row lights are on, that means "System start up"

Before that, if its 3 lights, cpu detected, 2. dramdetected, 1 vga detected..

Anyways, nothing came up on my screen:(

And I don't know if its just because I don't have an OS loaded or anything, I couldn't shut it off, had to flip the switch on the back..

Ok well I'm off to bed, post on your thinkings on my last few posts, I'll be back in the morning, well, closer to noon but, I'll want to get this figured out:(

Bump :(

No BIOS showing up on the screen, but but the 4 lights it says its powered on and all everything, but then again another light thats on, the manual says its in standby mode?

Ok, after using the reset button once or twice, I got it to go and got the bios up, came to the "Boot from CD" part.. Put windows in, says its checking the hardware and everything, then screen is black, and you can hear the optical drive stop working, so I left the cd in, and restarted with it in, same thing..

Is there something I have to change in the BIOS? I mean, it doesn't take 10 minutes does it?

Back
Top Bottom