Parts in, ready to build!

TRDCorolla said:
The IEEE is useless to me. It's Firewire. I never use it so I didn't bother hooking that up. It's junk to me. That's good that you got it connected. Now get the other stuff I told you before installed and power it up to see if the case buttons work (ie, power, reset, and if the LED lights come on and stuff).

Well first I need to get everything hooked up, how I do this, not necessarily a abad way but, I look at lets say the optical drive, see what kind of plug it is, then look for one like that from the psu, same with the floppy. haha. so ill do that, then i need to mount the hdd, get the sata and power hooked up to that, video card, that needs power to right? thers one labeled pci-e i beleve..

Will that work^?

And i'll put the specs in there real quick, it'll be sloppy but ill fix it later..

Oh, and I also plugged in amongst those case things, this little guy. Came with the case, and the place i plugged it in was also 4 pins, and said somethign abotu a case buzzer so hey! --->
11-163-022-22.JPG

The cables that comes with your DFI motherboard should do it for your hard drive and the DVD burner. The rounded cables are for your DVD burner. The red thin plastic cable are for the SATA hard drive. That's the data cable and it goes into SATA1 slot on the motherboard. The IDE (yellow rounded cable that you got) data cable for the DVD burner goes to IDE1 on the motherboard. It's that yellow rectangular slot close to the motherboard power connector.

The 6600GT does not need power. So that's good. Just install it and that's it.

It has got to say on the manual somewhere for it to come with it. Or just look around to see if there's any free slots to stick it in with the same 4-pin configuration.

The middle thing in that pic? It's a buzzer beeper thing, I believe..

Another question..

Out of these 3 cables, 1 is just point A to B, and that one is the floppy I believe?

The other two however, arent A to B, there more like A to B to C, why is there a plug in the middle of them?

13-136-152-07.JPG

The middle plug is the Slave connection. You don't need it. You're going to use everything Master. You only use Slave when your Master connections are used up with other devices like additional IDE hard drives, another CD ROM or things like that.

That yellow cable in the middle row on the right is your SATA power cable and data cable.

It's a splitter. So you can branch the cord into multiple cords. Think or a tree branch for instance. The branch starts out as one, but then feeds into two, then that feeds into two and that feeds into two and... You get the idea?

But I'll still have to use one of those cables for my optical drive correct? So, just forget about that middle plug and just go from end to end?

Back
Top Bottom