Partition Magic

Jeffrey I.

Beta member
I just got a new HD and I want to create partitions but I'm having trouble using Partition Magic 8.0 (which I've used before without a problem on my old HD).

After setting the logical partitions, assigning labels, and applying, the system re-boots, as it's suppossed to, but the new partitions are not there. So I go back into P.M. and the partitions are still listed but, the drive letters have been replaced by asteriks. I have set these as logical and they are listed as such.

I did a format and re-loaded Win Xp...still have this problem. Also, I can't even set partitions in Disk Management. I think the fact that I can't set partitions in Disk Management might be tipping us off about the problem.

But what??

System: Win XP Home sp2

160Gig Western Digital HD

Partition Magic 8.0

I had an issue with a 160GB drive as well, with Windows XP. It would only see the drive as Dynamic disks- something I haven't read much on, but am planning to. How many different partitions are you tring to make? I have mine as 2 different- 100GB and 60GB.
Both show as dynamic disks......I haven't tried Partition Magic to resize them, I just used Disk Management.

Back
Top Bottom