partition magic

rymort

In Runtime
I am using this for the first time. I stuck in the windows cd and made 1 partition and installed windows xp pro on that partition, then i installed partition magic on it and i clicked the install another OS, and i made another partition for it to go on, so now the hard drive is split 28gb on first and 10 gb on second. I installed XP pro on the second and everything looks good, the har ddrive is only showing 10gb which is right. but how do i get back to the first partition now? i restart and it automatically boots on the second partition. The first partition is where partition magic is installed.

Thanks in advance

I think you might have overriden you original partition. When you install something on a new partition, you must make sure you choose the right options.

Either that, or you have to go to the boot menu and play around (press F something (depends on bios) to go into the boot order when system starts)

ok i got onto the first partition, now how do i make it so boot magic lets me pick the two operation systems?

Nevermind, I relized that i only downloaded partition magic, I though boot magic and partition magic were the same thing. I now have both and it works, thanks anyway.

Well, for other's here that might want to Duel boot.....

Tell us what you did to accomplish yer task.

Back
Top Bottom