Partition Help (Feeling Incredibly Stupid)

kchi55

Fully Optimized
So I downloaded Partition Magic and decided to create a new partition, Partition Magic told me to reboot, so I said sure why not, and I let it reboot. I come back after 30 minutes to see the progress at 100% but there were two errors also. So, at this point I'm pretty nervous and I 'press any key to continue'. Computer restarts and once it comes to the loading screen of Windows XP my computer restarts. It's an infinite loop, I can't get onto my desktop. I tried putting in my Windows XP Home CD, but it doesn't do anything. I've never needed this much help regarding my computer before, so anything would be appreciated, at the moment my computer is rendered completely unusable.

I read that you put the disk in, but did you try to boot from it?

If not, put the XP disk in, boot from the disk; and once all that has loaded, press the 'R' (I think) key to repair. Windows will then look for errors on the drive, and with luck will find out what's wrong, and fix it :)

If you already tried to boot from it, and it still doesn't work...then I'm completely stumped I'm afraid.

I read that you put the disk in, but did you try to boot from it?

If not, put the XP disk in, boot from the disk; and once all that has loaded, press the 'R' (I think) key to repair. Windows will then look for errors on the drive, and with luck will find out what's wrong, and fix it :)

If you already tried to boot from it, and it still doesn't work...then I'm completely stumped I'm afraid.

Nah it's alright, I just reformatted and it and it worked out okay, I'm typing this on the computer that I mentioned in the opening post. Had to reinstall drivers and everything, but luckily my big files were all safely stored on my other hard drive. :D. Thanks for the help though.

I did try the recovery tool, but it didn't even recognize my drive at the point, something was seriously screwed up with it, so I figured the data was beyond salvation (It probably wasn't, but it wasn't enough data to pull my hair over).

Back
Top Bottom