Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-04-2008, 06:46 AM   #1
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 128
Default parents going to kill me if i dont get this fixed

i was in the middle of reformatting vista because of viruses on the computer and it was running slow, when it was reformating the computer just turned off for some reason. I now get this error message:

error from Vista loads
Windows Boot Manager
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
File: \windows\system32\winload.exe
Status: 0xc000000f
Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt

Enter=Continue


I run the diognostic tool but it didnt help. Is there anything i can do to get vista to work again i didnt get the vista cd becuase it was pre installed when i brought it from the computer shop.
__________________

nick_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:51 AM   #2
Bogan
 
Neodude112320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320
Default Re: parents going to kill me if i dont get this fixed

If you dont have the vista disc....


...Oooohhh Someones in trouble.....
__________________

__________________
Desktop:BitFenix Survivor~Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R~ i7 2600K @ 4hz~AMD 6870 1GB~12gb Team Elite DDR3 1333~3xWD In RAID5~W7 Ult
Laptop:Alienware M11x~ i7-2637M 1.7GHz~16GB 1333MHz DDR3~GeForce GT 540M~W7 Ult
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:54 AM   #3
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 128
Default Re: parents going to kill me if i dont get this fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodude112320 View Post
If you dont have the vista disc....


...Oooohhh Someones in trouble.....
so do i need to find a vista disc to get it fixed?
nick_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:54 AM   #4
Fully Optimized
 
wol-va-rine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,104
Default Re: parents going to kill me if i dont get this fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_w View Post
i was in the middle of reformatting vista because of viruses on the computer and it was running slow, when it was reformating the computer just turned off for some reason. I now get this error message:

error from Vista loads
Windows Boot Manager
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
File: \windows\system32\winload.exe
Status: 0xc000000f
Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt

Enter=Continue


I run the diognostic tool but it didnt help. Is there anything i can do to get vista to work again i didnt get the vista cd becuase it was pre installed when i brought it from the computer shop.
what do you mean when you say "reformatting Vista"...? you couldn't possibly be reinstalling it because you don't have the disc...
__________________
MY INTARDNET BEAST ■ Antec 300 ■ Q6600 B3, 2.8GHz @ 1.325v ■ MSI X48C Platinum ■ Kingwin XT-1264 ■ Visiontek HD 4870 512MB ■ 4x1GB Transcend aXeRam DDR3-1800 @ 1400MHz ■ WD Raptor (160GB) ■ Western Digital (250GB) ■ Samsung (640GB) ■ Seagate (500GB) ■ WD Caviar Green (1TB) ■ OCZ ProXStream 1kw ■ Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum ■ JVC HA RX900 ■

ME ■ I am bald and my head is lumpy...fear me ■
wol-va-rine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:55 AM   #5
Bogan
 
Neodude112320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320
Default Re: parents going to kill me if i dont get this fixed

Pretty much,You need to reinstall Disc.

OR Some Manufacturers put vista onto a recovery partition,Whats the make of your computer?
__________________
Desktop:BitFenix Survivor~Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R~ i7 2600K @ 4hz~AMD 6870 1GB~12gb Team Elite DDR3 1333~3xWD In RAID5~W7 Ult
Laptop:Alienware M11x~ i7-2637M 1.7GHz~16GB 1333MHz DDR3~GeForce GT 540M~W7 Ult
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:55 AM   #6
Fully Optimized
 
wol-va-rine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,104
Default Re: parents going to kill me if i dont get this fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_w View Post
so do i need to find a vista disc to get it fixed?
if you get a disc, you can repair it, but w/o the disc, yeah, you're in trouble...
__________________
MY INTARDNET BEAST ■ Antec 300 ■ Q6600 B3, 2.8GHz @ 1.325v ■ MSI X48C Platinum ■ Kingwin XT-1264 ■ Visiontek HD 4870 512MB ■ 4x1GB Transcend aXeRam DDR3-1800 @ 1400MHz ■ WD Raptor (160GB) ■ Western Digital (250GB) ■ Samsung (640GB) ■ Seagate (500GB) ■ WD Caviar Green (1TB) ■ OCZ ProXStream 1kw ■ Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum ■ JVC HA RX900 ■

ME ■ I am bald and my head is lumpy...fear me ■
wol-va-rine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:15 AM   #7
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 128
Default Re: parents going to kill me if i dont get this fixed

im use to reformatting xp ive never formatted vista i went into a restore to factory settings option i gathered that was formatting vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by wol-va-rine View Post
what do you mean when you say "reformatting Vista"...? you couldn't possibly be reinstalling it because you don't have the disc...
nick_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:17 AM   #8
Bogan
 
Neodude112320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320
Default Re: parents going to kill me if i dont get this fixed

Quote:
im use to reformatting xp ive never formatted vista i went into a restore to factory settings option i gathered that was formatting vista
Where did you find this option?
__________________
Desktop:BitFenix Survivor~Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R~ i7 2600K @ 4hz~AMD 6870 1GB~12gb Team Elite DDR3 1333~3xWD In RAID5~W7 Ult
Laptop:Alienware M11x~ i7-2637M 1.7GHz~16GB 1333MHz DDR3~GeForce GT 540M~W7 Ult
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:28 AM   #9
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 128
Default Re: parents going to kill me if i dont get this fixed

in the system recovery options i clicked windows complete pc restore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodude112320 View Post
Where did you find this option?
nick_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:29 AM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
ssc456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,279
Send a message via MSN to ssc456
Default Re: parents going to kill me if i dont get this fixed

sounds like the comp you had, had a hidden ghost image on a partition and then had a hidden ghost boot option which was obviously activated by doing somethign but u went to restore and well ..... it broke,

pretty much without a disc your screwed
__________________

ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0